Chapter Three

1962 (You guys are 22)

(3rd person POV)

Benny was just sitting in the lobby of a hotel in which he'd had one of his chess tournaments. As usual, he'd won again and to celebrate his victory, he'd decided to get a drink. While waiting he took in the surrounding area of the hotel. It's perfectly clean white pillars and walls shone from the lights around. That's when he heard it. The gentle sound of the piano. He turned around to find the source of the beautiful music. His eyes landed on a grand piano where a girl, about his age, sat. Her Y/H/C framing her face perfectly, her Y/E/C eyes never leaving her hands as she swayed slightly to the music. Even though Benny wasn't exactly an expert in music, he recognized this piece as 'Ludwig Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata'. He closed his eyes to enjoy the sweet melody before it changed to a more lively tune. He opened his eyes to find the girl staring at him. His face must've shown a look of confusion for the girl turned back to the piano to concentrate on her playing. That's when Benny turned around to see that his drink was already waiting there for him. He popped off the cap of his beer just when the tune of the piano suddenly changed into a fast paced piece. He decided to replay his matches since he was going to be here for a while. Luckily, he had a small travel sized chess set with him. He set up the board and replayed everything as best as he could. He was so focused on his chess that he didn't even realized that the pianist had finished playing and people were applauding loudly. Benny turned around to catch a glimpse of the pianist but she was already gone. Benny furrowed his brows but never though much of it. Suddenly, he felt a tap on his shoulder. He turned around once more to see the pianist from before smiling at him. She was wearing a black tea length dress with a white sash around her waist. She paired the look with a beige cardigan and matching beige heels. She tied the whole look together with white headband in her Y/H/C hair.

"Benny?" She called with her head tilted slightly.

"Uh, yeah?" Benny replied in a rather questioning manner.

"It is you!" The girl exclaimed happily.

"I'm sorry, do I know you?" Benny asked for he was filled with confusion. He couldn't recognize this girl for the life of him, yet there was a familiar aura around her.

"I'm hurt Watts." The girl said placing a hand on her chest as if to say she's heartbroken in a joking manner. "I've only been your best friend almost throughout your entire childhood."

Suddenly everything in Benny's brain started clicking in place like a chess board. 

"No way. Y/N?" Benny said in awe.

"Last I checked, that's my name." Y/N said with a smirk on her face. Benny embraced her in a hug which she returned. When they pulled away, Benny gestured to the seat next to him and Y/N went over and sat next to him.

"Would you like a drink?" Benny asked.

"No, I can't handle alcohol. A coffee would be good though." Y/N replied.

"A coffee for the lady, please." Benny told the staff. The boy, who was working there, nodded and walked away.

"I still refuse to believe you were that book smart little girl with chubby cheeks." Benny snickered. 

"Oh yeah? I still refuse to believe your that tiny boy who looked like he could be blown over by a light breeze." Y/N retorted back playfully. The duo laughed at each other's childishness.

"So, how long have you been back?" Benny asked while keeping his chess set.

"About six months ago." Y/N said in a nonchalant tone. Benny dropped the king he was holding. "I may not be good a chess, but I don't think that was worth putting your king down." Y/N said, her smirk turning into a playful grin.