Chapter 16: Surprise

Y/N's POV:

Hailee and I just landed in California. This morning was a bit of a blur considering the lack of sleep we both got last night, so the ride to the airport from campus, the flight here to Cali it was all just me trying to stay awake. When I tell you she kept me up all night, I mean like 6 hours of non stop- "Babe? Can you hear me? Babe? Come on!" I hear Hailee breaking me out of my thoughts, she's got our bags and is hurriedly making her way to the exit before we get noticed by anyone. "Sorry babe I'm coming!" I yell trying to catch up. We see a guy holding a sign that has "Steinfeld" on it. We walk up and Hailee talks to the guy, confirming his credentials and I'm trying to load the car but Hailee immediately runs over and tells me to put it down. I admit it's felt really nice that she has been taking good care of me but I don't want her to feel like I'm incapable of handling things myself. I try to load up more of our bags but this time she puts her hand on mine, looks me in the eyes and sternly says "I said put it down, get in the car. You don't need to worry about this my love". This time I comply, getting in the car and she shortly follows me.

We drive away from the airport and I'm not going to lie, I missed the California weather. I know I was here for a short time for the oscars after party but it was such a good time here. Hopefully I'll have time to explore the town this time around.

"We're like an hour away from my place, you can take a nap if you'd like?" Hailee asks me, grabbing my hand and intertwining our fingers.

"It's okay, I actually want to look around and see the scenery of the drive" I say smiling at her and giving her a small kiss.

She just nods at me in return. We drive for a little longer and I'm really enjoying the California skies, the trees and the air. Hailee speaks up, "Hey Mitch, please stop at the nearest Starbucks, I wanna get my girl some coffee please" She sends me a wink and I smile. It's like she read my mind because I was really craving some coffee. I guess she's gotten used to my routine and cravings already within this past week we've spent together. She actually amazes me.

We pull into Starbucks and I try to pay but of course Hailee doesn't let me. She is really stuck on taking care of me.

The rest of the drive consisted of Hailee telling me where we were, what places she loved to go to, good restaurants, good coffee shops, landmarks, and etc. It doesn't take long before we pull up to a long driveway, and a large gate. I am already in awe with her life. She must've read my mind because she spoke up, "Welcome to your home for the next 8 weeks my love" she smiles and gives my hand a little squeeze.

We go through the gate, through the driveway and pull into the entrance of a giant house. Not even a house, this is a a fucking mansion. We stop and get out of the car, I make my way towards the trunk of the car but Hailee yells out "Y/N, don't even think about it. Come inside". I sigh, but am definitely turned on by the way she takes charge and is bossy. I follow her lead into the front doors, and I'm met with the tallest ceilings, prettiest chandeliers, nicest furniture and fancy interior. I take it all in, of course she would have this, she is an oscar nominated actress and a wonderful singer. If anyone deserves this luxury, it's her for sure.

"Okay so, I'll give you a slight tour! Obviously we have the mud room which is basically when you first enter you can hang up your jackets, shoes, and other belongings, there's a wash station if you need to freshen up too. Next we continue to walk a little and we have a kitchen and all it's wonderful necessities in it of course. There's the first living area, we have our gym, movie room, game room, library, and you'll soon come to find out there's extra guest rooms and bathrooms all around. I also have a makeup room if you'd like to use it and lastly we have the master which is my room. My bed, my closet and my personal favorite the bathroom because of the tub, I absolutely love taking baths" Hailee says beaming, I could listen to her talk all day about things she's interested in. The hook this girl has me on, is insane.