Chapter 25: Lies

Y/N's POV:

Hailee and I disperse from the bathroom, she heads to the stage set up to finish her photo shoot and I walk back towards my little station where I was getting ready. Both of us in better moods than before, smiles on our faces, mine definitely bigger than before but needless to say my body was relaxed and I was ready to take on the day (thanks to Hailee).

I decide it was time to change, I brought a couple of outfits not knowing which ones will do justice for our first public interview together as a couple but after some thought I decided to keep it professional with a hint of sexy. I went for a business attire to show I can be gathered yet fun; emerald green high waisted slacks, to show off my long legs but at the same time squeeze my backside nicely. On top I went with a tucked in white button up dress shirt, leaving the top two buttons undone for a little cleavage but not too revealing. For shoes I went with white stilettos to complete the look and my hair wavy from styling it before.

I sit and wait for my beautiful girlfriend to finish, scrolling on Instagram and posting a picture of the set up showing off my talented girlfriend

I sit and wait for my beautiful girlfriend to finish, scrolling on Instagram and posting a picture of the set up showing off my talented girlfriend. A little time goes by and Hailee approaches, already in her outfit. My eyes look her up and down, and a giggle escapes my lips. We're lowkey matching, which is funny because we did not plan this at all.

"Babe we're starting to think too much alike because this is kinda creepy" I say walking up to her, admiring her outfit. She has on white business slacks, high waisted as well, flowy at the bottom but cinched and tight at her backside showing her curves. Her top matched my bottoms perfectly, it's a similar top to mine. A button up dress shirt, tucked into her pants colored emerald green and her heels the same color as her top. She has a white purse to match her pants, and her hair straightened now. She looks stunning.

"Mhm, you have good taste then babe" Hailee says, smiling as her eyes meet mine then falters down to my figure to take me in

"Ready my love?" She chimes in again, taking my hand in hers and leading us out to the car waiting out front to take us to the Vanity Fair building for our Lie detector test interview.

The car ride is filled with a comfortable silence. Both of us on our phones, occasionally looking up at one another to check in. We arrive at the familiar building in front of me, as I've worked before with Vanity Fair so it's not an uncomfortable surprise. We walk in, Hailee leading me as she does best. She talks to someone in the front as I stand behind, awaiting instructions. Hailee thanks the receptionist and walks to a nearby room, where there's a lady on the phone in front of a table and a man in the corner behind a few machines which I quickly make out to be his lie detector equipment.