15.

What the fuck happened to her husband, not that I'm complaining but the fuckhead was half-dead locked away in Lia's fucking basement

Watching Ronnie leave the room he came back with a bucket filled with water.

Throwing it over the guy he jolted awake opening his eyes but the sight that met us wasn't a very pleasant one.

His left eye was carved out.

"Finally ca...came to kill me Li...Liana?" he coughed smirking as if he wasn't in a lot of pain.

My girl did this?

"It's Lia, you sick bastard!" Ronnie yelled punching him in his abdomen.

Coughing again he shook his head before looking at Ronnie.

"So I'm gu...guessing you're the new to...toy she's using to punish me further?".

He could barely speak but still, he choose to speak shit.

Before Ronnie could land another punch I dragged him out of the room while Vincent and Enzo followed.

"Let. Me. Go" he groaned trying to get back into the room but I didn't allow him.

Dragging him up the stairs I threw him into the first room we passed which seemed to be a spare bedroom.

"I'm tired of trying to figure out what the fuck is going on and Lia's past seems to be nonexisting so spit it out before you end up looking like that guy" I threatened, folding my sleeves so they rested above my elbows.

"Fuck you, if Lia wanted you to know she would've told you but she didn't so you can keep living in the dark".

Shaking my head I fisted his hair bringing his face down on my knee.

I know I should wait for Lia to feel comfortable enough to tell me herself but my patience was slowly running out and since she wasn't back yet I couldn't get the answers I was craving for at this point.

"Fuck man you broke my nose!" he yelled out trying to stop the bleeding.

Ronnie was finally ready to talk after gaining a broken nose, arm, foot, and of course, a few broken fingers

I admit his persistence to not talk had lasted longer than I thought it would and we've been at this for three hours.

"If she finds out I told you she'll bury us all six feet under without feeling any guilt you know that right?" he asked before taking the painkillers Enzo brought him.

Not getting a response he continued.

"I don't know much she's not a fan of talking about what happened but what I do know is that Santigo Miller was Lia's supplier when she was still selling. After his wife died he lost it, and he started kidnapping women that had the slightest resemblance to his wife. They were four in total, Lia being the youngest of them all at the age of seventeen. He forced her to marry him a few days after kidnapping her, he drugged her while she was still sleeping, and when she came off the high she woke up with a diamond ring decorating her ring finger. He started calling her Liana Rose Miller and when she would correct him he'd punish her till she either passed out or cried herself to sleep and he continued till she later believed it was her real name. I don't know what happened that day but four years ago Lia became Rosa Ardente, she slaughtered his men and burned the house with him inside but clearly, she went back before the flames got to him why she did that I don't know but what I do know is that he's the reason she wakes up screaming, can't ride in a car if she's not the one driving and the reason she'll never be the Lia I met ten years ago".

Rosa Ardente.

The burning rose which most believe is a rumor, she kills without guilt, making her victim's family watch while she rips them apart.

She disappeared two years ago and since then no one has seen her since.

The information Ronnie gave me was enough to go kill the bastard downstairs so that's where I stormed off to.

Even if I don't know what he exactly did to Lia just knowing he was the cause of her pain was enough reason for me.

Following me down Enzo helped a limping Ronnie who refused to stay in the room and wait for the doctor to arrive.

Opening the metal door I was met with an empty room, the rusty chains that held him here were scattered on the floor with a bleeding Zara laying in a puddle of crimson-red liquid surrounding her.

Rushing past me Vincent lifted Zara's head placing his hand on her stomach where a bullet wound was visible, placing his empty hand in front of her nose Vincent tried figuring out if she was still breathing but when he motioned for me to help him carry her I knew she was still alive.

"She's still breathing but not for long" he spoke with a shaky voice.

Calling the vet we moved Zara to the kitchen placing her on the counter while Vincent placed his shirt on her wound.

The vet and Doctor both arrived at the same time each handling their patients while we watched them both work, Ronnie was not going easy on the doctor trying to relocate his shoulder but when he gave him a bottle of whiskey he seemed to calm down a bit.

Zara was losing a lot of blood but Vincent gave the vet a helping hand, speeding up the process.

While everyone was busy upstairs, Enzo followed me to the camera room so we could figure out where that piece of shit could've gone.

He couldn't have gotten far with the state he was in.

Lia was going definitely going to kill us when she gets home.

Feeling my phone vibrate I opened the message Aiden sent me hoping it was an update on the mission but instead, it was a photo of a club the 9th floor with a message telling me that Lia changed the plan without informing me.

What else could go wrong tonight!?

"The footage is destroyed, boss"