21.

"Remove your hand, Luciano"

"Remove your hand, Luciano". I can't stay here much longer but he didn't seem to understand that concept.

"You've been home one day and you're already trying to run away from me" he chuckled. Gently lifting me, Vincent took Zara's leash but she wasn't moving with him. Her eyes stayed focused on me waiting for the word she was practically begging me to use.

Bending her front legs she crouched down ready to jump but I know my baby would be in pain with too much movement.

"It's okay Zara, go with Vincent". My body was slowly shutting down.

I failed Mia. I failed Zara. Both of my babies were hurt and I wasn't there to protect them.

Placing his arm underneath my thighs, Luciano held me bridal style while walking toward the stairs. Everything was falling apart. I needed a few lines right about now but I knew it wouldn't be the best thing to do in the state I was in yet I closed my eyes hoping that when they opened again the white powder would be in front of me on a silver plate, waiting to be consumed.

Walking through what I guessed was Luciano's bedroom he placed me down on the bathroom countertop.

The black marble felt like ice against my ass but I was too focused on him gathering a few things to care. "Fix what you broke baby girl" he mumbled stopping right between my thighs, spreading them.

Handing me a few bandages and medical things he rested his hands on my hips, closing his eyes.

Staring up at him I took a deep breath before cleaning up the dried blood underneath his nose. I really did a number on him. Patching up the wound underneath his eye I no longer felt awkward in the silence surrounding us.

It made me feel calm.

Moving down to his busted lip, I cleaned the cut but his burning gaze brought me back to reality and I noticed that I was no longer moving.

I've been zoned out.

"What's going on in that pretty little head of yours?" he whispered lifting me off the counter and moving both of us to the shower. Shaking my head I stayed silent while resting my head on his shoulder.

Opening the water he got undressed before slowly removing my clothes giving me enough time to stop him. Which I didn't. Feeling the warm water hitting my back I turned around to lower the cold water not feeling the heat I wanted.

When I felt my skin turning red, I relaxed while watching Luciano getting into the shower.

"Fuck woman are you trying to boil me alive!" he yelled jumping out of the running water.

Hiding the small smile tugging at my lips I lowered the settings "Stop being a pussy it's not that warm" I mumbled turning around so I would be facing him.

Shaking his head he said nothing while gently washing my hair.

He spent twenty minutes turning my hair into what he called 'masterpieces' with the shampoo keeping it in place. He's such a child but it made my head stop spinning in different directions so I simply allowed him to do whatever he felt like.

After both of us were clean we still stayed underneath the water which by some miracle didn't seem to turn cold.

Bending down a little he rested his forehead against mine not seeming bothered that I wasn't replying to any of his sweet nothings he's been adding here and there since we got into the shower.

"Tell me what to do to get close to you".

"Well start by not causing me any more trouble" I replied looking up at him.

Chuckling he closed the water and wrapped a black towel around me. Leading me to his closet he pulled a hoodie over my head before getting dressed himself. While he wasn't looking I snatched one of his boxers and slid it on feeling comfortable.

Climbing into bed I pulled the covers over both of us before grabbing his phone.

He said nothing while unlocking it, watching me scroll through his contacts.

Calling Vincent I asked him to bring Zara to Luciano's room needing her here with me. I missed her. Leaving the light on Luciani placed his phone on charge after I gave it back and opened his door. Letting Zara in, she jumped onto his bed right next to me. At least his bed was huge. After talking to Vincent, Luciano climbed into bed and pulled me closer after turning off the lights.

Turning on the tv he played some kid's show and when I gave him a questionable look he only pointed to the corner of his room. Focusing on the dark corner I saw a big dog bed fit for a king with the puppy I bought quietly minding his business while his attention was drawn to the tv screen.

What the fuck am I witnessing right now.

Getting comfortable I threw my leg onto his torso, resting my head on his chest.

Feeling sleepy I kissed Zara good night before falling in sync with Luciano's breathing. The calm before the storm.

Feeling him lightly kissing my head he pulled me closer than I already was if that was possible and switched my position so that I was laying on top of him instead of next to him.

It still felt comfortable so I buried my face in the crook of his neck after placing a single kiss on his cheek feeling the need to say thank you for some fucking reason. My life was dissent before I met him yet since the day he stepped foot in the meeting room he only created one problem after another and now I was snuggled up on his chest feeling the need to thank him.

What the fuck was wrong with me.

Placing another kiss on the side of my head he slightly bent my head so he could be able to whisper something to me before I fell asleep

"I don't want to solve your problems I want to create them"