23.

"It's been a week Luciano I have to go back to work!" I yelled from the bathroom for the tenth time

He's been on my ass since I came back and refused to let me out of his sight, which is fair but the security team has locked down our building so I had to go sort that out because Ben's in the hospital with his newborn baby boy.

Leighton went into labor a little too early and my brother refused to leave his newborn alone for even a second.

"I'll send Enzo to go sort it out!" he argued once again but I wasn't budging.

He's been on edge with the little sleep he's been getting since finding the little mistake he made turned out to be more difficult than he thought.

Sliding open the door my heels clicked on the tiled floor "I'm fucking going and you can't stop me, this is my business and I won't allow you to fuck it up too".

Not leaving any room for discussion I said good morning to Zara who was healing pretty fast and made my way to the kitchen while a fuming Luciano trailed behind me.

"I already said I'm sorry lia What more do you want from me".

"I want you out of my life Luciano" I breathed out grabbing my motorcycle keys.

Without sparing him a glance I slammed the front door closed and pulled on my helmet. Speeding down the freeway I made it to the office in half an hour but seeing the mess waiting for me I wished someone would've driven into me on my way here.

Death was playing a cruel game with me and I don't think I'll win this time.

Standing in front of the glass door smeared with dried blood my insides curled uncontrollably with my thoughts running wild.

Feeling a hand landing on my shoulder I acted before thinking and before I knew it James, the head of security, was lying on the ground with his hand bent in my hold keeping him in place.

Quickly helping him up I apologised before taking a few steps back.

"It's all good, you got more strength than I thought" he chuckled brushing the little incident off with a joke.

Not laughing, I took a deep breath before my eyes caught some dried blood inside the office and my heart stopped.

"He was inside the premises?" giving me a sheepish smile, James nodded stepping aside while holding the door open with his gloved hand.

Slowly stepping past the doors I wandered around the halls looking for anything out of place but everything seemed in touch that is until I stepped into my office.

The faint smell of smoke lingered in the air as I turned around scanning the room.

Rounding my table I focused on the ash scattered around on my burned desk.

"I'm coming for you my little slut"

Wrote across my desk sent me into a spiraling mess. The white lighter Sofia gave me the day she quit laid on the floor yelling his name while the room started spinning.