Chapter 21: The Drunken Confession

James went back to the living room and drank his 5th glass before going to the kitchen to find carpet cleaning chemicals then he went upstairs. Jack came out of the bathroom to see James laying on the floor next to the pee puddle, reading the instructions on a bottle of cleaning spray. "Jack what fucking language is this in" he slurred. Jack took the bottle and read it. "Scrub the solution into the stain and leave it to soak for 2 hours" he said "But we need to dry all the piss first" he said before getting some towels from the bathroom. "I'm gonna be sick" James said. "GET UP" Jack shouted at him. James got up and ran into the bathroom and threw up in the toilet while Jack laid the towels on the puddle. "I told you this would be a bad idea" Jack said angrily. James lay down on the bathroom floor next to the toilet with his back against the wall. "I'm sorry, I drank too much". "My parents are going to be home in about 6 hours this needs to be cleaned and dry by then. How much did you drink?" Jack asked. "I don't know like 5 glasses" James said weakly before throwing up in the toilet again. "you?" he asked. "Only 2, I feel kinda drunk" Jack replied "I'm sorry Jack" James said while crawling out of the bathroom and putting his arms around Jack. "James get off me please I need to put these towels in the washing machine". James didn't respond. "JAMES!" He shouted. "What man" James replied before hugging him tighter. Jack pushed James off of him and went downstairs with the towels. "Jack come back man don't leave me. Jack!" James called after him. Jack returned to find James fast asleep on the floor. He sprayed the cleaning solution into the carpet and scrubbed it with a sponge. "James get off the floor it's not good to be inhaling these chemicals" Jack said while shaking him. James opened his eyes "Help me up" he said. James is physically stronger than Jack and weighed about 15kg more than him. It was a struggle to pull him onto his feet. Jack then led him to his bedroom and let James rest on the bed. "Get me water, it's supposed to help sober you up" said James. Jack went downstairs and drank 2 glasses of water himself before bringing a glass upstairs for James. He opened James' mouth, tilted his head back and poured the water in. "Thank you" he said weakly. Jack started to walk out of the room when James said "I love you". Jack froze, then turned around. "What did you say?" he asked. James started snoring. Jack smiled before leaving the room and going downstairs to pour the rest of the wine down the sink before throwing both bottles in the outside bin. He then sat down on the sofa and relaxed. 

2 hours later, Jack was eating his lunch. He felt fine now, he was no longer drunk but he did have a minor headache. Suddenly he heard footsteps upstairs. "James?" he called out. James walked into the kitchen holding his forehead. "I'm fucking dying man, my head hurts" he said. "I'll see if there's any painkillers" Jack said before going to the cupboard and handing James some paracetamol. "No I need something stronger" said James. Jack looked again and found ibuprofen "Yeah give me that" James said, taking the tablets and chugging 4 glasses of water. Jack went to check on the carpet upstairs to find the stain had disappeared, but there was still a strong smell of urine. James came upstairs "yeah, It still stinks" he said. "What the fuck do we do?" Jack asked, panicking. "Just get erm... thingy you know the powder thing" James said, slurring. "What fucking powder?" Jack asked. "It gets rid of the smell. Sorry I'm still not with it I can't remember what it's called... erm...Baking soda!" said James "Really? That works?" Jack asked running downstairs to find baking soda while James went to the bathroom to brush his teeth. Jack came back and sprinkled the baking soda where the puddle once was. "Just leave that for a few hours then vacuum it up" instructed James after he came out of the bathroom. Jack looked at his still semi drunk boyfriend and sighed. "You're an idiot you know that" he told him. "I know" James replied. Jack put his hands on James' cheeks and kissed him. "Do you remember what you said to me earlier?" he asked. "When?". "Before you went to sleep, when you were drunk" said Jack. "Oh shit, did I say something bad?" James asked. "No!" Jack said smiling. "What did I say?" he asked. Jack just smiled and walked downstairs. "Jack? What did I say?" he asked again, following him downstairs and sitting next to him on the sofa. 

"Come on Jack, what did I say? Was it weird?" James asked, starting to worry. Jack hugged James. "You said you love me" he said. "Oh shit, I'm sorry was that weird?" said James. "No, I love you too" said Jack before making out with James. 

After a few hours, Jack went back upstairs and vacuumed up the baking soda. "Jack I have to go home now my parents want me home before dinner" said James. "Okay" said Jack, turning off the vacuum cleaner. He went over to James and gave him one last kiss before saying bye.