Chapter 39: Secrets

After getting his food, Ryan searched the canteen for a free seat. He eventually found one next to a boy from his form called Sean. "Can I sit here?" he asked. "No, get lost weirdo" he replied, making his friends laugh. "Why do you hate me?" Ryan asked. "Because you're a retard" said Sean before getting slapped over the head by a year 11. He turned around to see his brother Kieran standing with 2 of his friends. "What fuck Kieran" he said. "Why are you being such a dick? Apologise to Ryan" said Kieran. "You know him?" Sean asked. "He's Jack's cousin and if you bully him again I'll delete all your shitty games from the PlayStation" he said. Sean apologised to Ryan. Then Jack, James, Kieran and Ryan sat down together on another table. "Do you remember the first day of year 7, you stood up for me just like you did for Ryan" said Jack smiling. "Yeah, that's how we became friends" Kieran said. "Isn't it like uncool for you guys to be hanging out with a year 7?" Ryan asked. "Nah, we're already like the most uncool people in year 11 anyway it won't make any difference" James joked. "So do any of you have girlfriends?" Ryan asked. They all started laughing. "Kieran why don't you have a girlfriend man" asked Jack mockingly. "Shut up, I'm working on it" he replied. "Kieran you've never spoken to a female in your life" said James, laughing. After they finished eating, Jack helped James get up and they walked out of the canteen "How did you break your leg?" asked Ryan. "I jumped out of Jack's bedroom window" he replied. "WHAT? Why did you do that?" he asked. "Because Jack's mum wouldn't let me see him, so I went through the window".

After lunch, they had English with a supply teacher. It was absolute chaos. Everyone sat next to their friends and talked loudly, completely ignoring the teacher. Eventually Jack needed the toilet. He got up and asked the teacher if he could go. "No. Sit back down" she said. "Miss please I'm really desperate I have a.." "No. The rule is no leaving the classroom. No exceptions" Jack tried to explain to her but she then turned her attention to someone who had just thrown a paper airplane in the class and told him off. Jack sat back down in defeat. This supply teacher clearly hadn't been informed of his medical condition and wasn't going to allow him to leave. "She's not letting me go" Jack said. "That's an L" said Kieran". "Oh shit, how desperate are you?" asked James. "Very" Jack replied. "Bruh just tell her you'll piss yourself or something if she doesn't let you go" Kieran said laughing. "Kieran that's not funny" said James. "What do you... oh. You heard what happened innit. Last day of term he.. I'm not gonna say it" said Kieran. "Just shut up please" James said. "Okay, sorry. Can you actually not hold it?" Kieran asked, unaware of Jack's condition. "I don't know" he said.

It wasn't long before the floodgates opened and he felt that familiar feeling of filling his pull up with pee. James heard it. "Are you.. doing it. right now?" he asked. Jack nodded. "What the fuck does that mean?" asked Kieran. "You know what I'm gonna speak to this bitch, you were doing so well and now she's fucked it all up" James said getting up. "James no, just leave it please" said Jack but he was already gone. "What the fuck is going on?" Kieran asked. Jack looked at him silently, with tears starting to well up in his eyes. "Did you wet yourself or something?" he whispered before looking under the table to see there was no puddle. James returned to the table and said "She said you can go, I'll come with you if you like". Jack and James got up, leaving Kieran in a state of confusion. "What did you say to her?" Jack asked while they walked to medical. "I told her you had an accident because of your condition, then she asked if there was a puddle I said no because you're wearing a pull up". he replied. "Why did you tell her that man". "All the other teachers know about your thing anyway what difference does it make. It's her fault it happened in the first place." When they got to medical they saw Ryan in the waiting area with a nose bleed. "Jack, you need the toilet?" asked the nurse. "Erm.. no I erm.. didn't make it" he said trying not to let Ryan hear. "Okay just go into the toilet and clean up" she said. Jack then realised that he actually didn't even need to tell her he had an accident, he could have just gone into the toilet and changed without saying anything. After he finished changing he came out of the toilet and sat next to Ryan. "Did you wet yourself?" asked Ryan. "What? No?" said Jack. "Sorry, I have really good hearing. I heard what you said to the nurse. Do you wear nappies?" he asked. "yeah. I wear drynites to school because sometimes I don't make it to the toilet in time" he admitted shamefully. "Oh. I used to have accidents a lot in primary school. I don't anymore though. I still wet the bed most nights" said Ryan. "So you don't think it's weird that I'm 15 and still wetting myself?" asked Jack. "Oh yeah it is kinda weird. But I'm not gonna mock you for it. I still think you're cool" he said. "So what happened to you?" Jack asked. "I got into a fight with Kieran's brother and he punched me" said Ryan. "Oh fuck. Who started it?" he asked. "He did". "Well don't worry, Kieran's gonna kill him" Jack reassured him. "Do you have any other secrets?" Ryan asked. "Why? Was me wearing pull ups to school not enough for you?" Jack joked. He looked at his cousin then sighed. "Fine, you wanna know something? So you know James?" he said. Ryan nodded. "He's my boyfriend". "What? Are you gay?" asked Ryan. "Yes. Don't tell grandma, she'll have a heart attack" said Jack. "Don't worry I won't"