Chapter 33: At the Doctor's again

"Thanks for seeing us in such short notice" said Jack's mum, sitting next to her son in Dr Patel's office. "No problem, we always have appointments available in the summer anyway, everyone's on holiday. Anyway, what brings you here today". "Jack's condition has got considerably worse in the past few weeks. He's constantly wetting himself multiple times a day, and now he's even been soiling himself, quite frequently, we've been on holiday to Florida in the last 2 weeks and we've just been having to constantly change him, it's out of control" she said. "I see. Jack do you think you've been finding it more difficult to hold in your urine and faeces more recently?" asked Dr Patel. "I just couldn't hold it in while we were in long queues at Disney world." he said. "Well that's pretty common, even for people without incontinence issues, it's quite normal for kids to have to rely on things like nappies in theme parks like Disney land. What's been happening with regards to the soiling. After our last appointment I've diagnosed you with urinary incontinence, there didn't seem to be any problems with the bowels" he asked. "It's been almost daily now" said his mum. "I had diarrhoea" Jack insisted. "That was in Disney world. You soiled yourself quite badly in Miami, you didn't have diarrhoea then" she said. "I wouldn't say there is any reason to be concerned at this moment, it's quite normal when there is a change in environment, especially with different time zones our body clocks don't adjust to the new time and people end up having bowel movements at irregular times. Particularly when people go on holiday they tend to eat a lot of fast food, which lacks fibre. This leads to constipation and ultimately, I think in Jack's case he just needed to go at an inconvenient time. Is that what happened?" he asked. Jack nodded. "Okay, I don't see any reason yet to jump to conclusions. There's a lot of factors. Holidays can be stressful, which can make incontinence worse. Also alcohol of course which is a diuretic and can also act like a laxative in some people. If the soiling continues to happen, just let me know and we'll go from there" he concluded. 

On the walk home Jack asked his mum "Can I see James?". "I have to punish you somehow for your behaviour yesterday. I'm sorry but it's a no. No PlayStation either" she replied. "What am I supposed to do" he asked. "Read a book, revise. Remember your exams next year" she said. "Mum that's ages away. Plus everyone says GCSEs are pointless. It's A levels that matter more." he said, wishing his mum would stop going on about exams. "You can't do A levels without GCSEs Jack. Anyway if you behave, I'll let you go out next week" she said "Can I at least wear boxers in the house now?" he asked. "Fine, but If you have one more accident you're going back to tape up nappies full time" she replied

When they got home, Jack went to his room and took off his pull up and put on his boxers. "Finally" he thought. He hadn't worn boxers since the boat incident. He sat on his bed and scrolled through Instagram for an hour until his phone started ringing. It was James. "Hi" he said after picking up. "Look outside" James whispered. Jack looked out of his window and saw James standing in the garden. "What the fuck are you doing" said Jack. "How do I get inside?" he asked. "I don't fucking know. My parents are both downstairs. They have the whole week off" said Jack. "I've got an idea" said James before standing on a table that was under Jack's window and reaching his arms up. "Pull me up" he said. "I can't reach that far, also I'm not strong enough" said Jack. "I'm not that heavy I'm only like 60 kilos" said James. "That's heavy. I'm like 45" replied Jack. "Really? You're only 45 kilos? Anyway got any other ideas?" he asked. "nope" said Jack. "I know. I can try run up the wall." James said. "what? Run up the fucking wall?" Jack said confused. "Yeah watch" said James, getting down from the table and walking backwards into the garden. "James what are you doing?" Jack said trying not to raise his voice too loud. "You know when we played basketball in PE, I could jump the highest out of everyone" he said before sprinting at the wall and Jumping off it, then grabbing the base of Jack's bedroom window frame. "See" he said smugly before pulling himself inside. "Jack did you hear that noise?" they heard Jack's dad call from downstairs. "What noise?" he shouted back. "Nevermind, forget it" said his dad. Jack turned around to face James. "How the fuck did you manage that" he asked, impressed. "All that header drills and plyometrics we do in football training" replied James "I missed you so much" said Jack while hugging James.