Chapter 34: The Fall

Jack and James spent almost an hour making out on Jack's bed. After that they just talked about random things. James looked over at Jack's TV. "Where's the PS4?" he asked. "My mum took it" said Jack. "Oh that sucks". "We could play monopoly" Jack suggested. "Okay let's do that" said James.

They were in the middle of playing monopoly when they heard footsteps outside "Quick hide" Jack whispered. James hid in the wardrobe. Jack's mum walked in. "Who are you talking to" she asked. "No one" said Jack. "I heard voices" she said. "I was just on the phone to Kieran" Jack said. "Why is the monopoly board out?" she asked. "erm.. Me and Kieran were doing bets on how much money there is like in total in the monopoly set so I got it out" Jack lied. "But, why are there pieces on the board?" she questioned. "erm. Good question. erm. Basically, me and Kieran were playing like on video call and I moved the pieces for him innit" Jack said. "Right... Okay. Anyway I'm making pasta for dinner is that okay?" said his mum. "Yeah sounds good" said Jack before his mum finally left. James came out of the wardrobe. "Looks like you're finally coming out of the closet" Jack joked. "You're a terrible liar, I can't believe she believed that nonsense. Playing monopoly on video call?" James said laughing "What the fuck was I supposed to come up with" said Jack.

After a few hours Jack beat James at monopoly. "For fucks sake man" he said after landing on Mayfair with 4 houses and a hotel on it. "You got lucky. Anyway I have to go home now my parents are gonna be wondering where I am" he added. "Okay. I love you" said Jack. "I love you too" said James before giving Jack a kiss and then Jumping out of the window. Suddenly he heard James scream out in pain outside. Jack ran to the window and saw him laying on the ground. "James? Are you alright?" he called out, worriedly" Then the back door to the house opened and Jack's mother walked outside. "James? Is that you" she asked. James suddenly turned his head slowly and groaned. "Mrs Fletcher. I'm sorry. I think I broke my leg" he said crying. She looked up and saw Jack standing at his window. "What were you boys doing?" she asked as his dad also came outside. Jack went away from the window and ran downstairs and into the garden to find his mum crouched on the ground talking to James while his dad dialled 999. "I hit my head as well I think" he said. "Hello, ambulance please" said his dad. Jack's mum took him to one side and told him off while his dad spoke to the paramedic. "They said some of the ambulance drivers are striking. As this is not a life or death situation we have to take him in ourselves" said his dad. Jack and his parents then had to lift James and carry him to the car, without moving his leg too much, which was a very difficult task. Once he was in the car, Jack's dad drove to the hospital while James called his parents. "So did you just climb in through the window?" asked Jack's mum after he was finished on the phone. "Yeah" replied James. Jack's mum started laughing to their surprise. They thought she would be livid. "Remember you used to do that Simon" she said. "Yep. Long time ago that. I was clearly better at it than you James, otherwise Amanda's dad would have killed me" he joked.

When they got to the hospital. They called someone to take James in on a bed and went followed them inside. "FUCK" James screamed as the doctor snapped his leg back into place before assessing him for a concussion. Eventually James' parents and his older sister arrived. "What the fuck were you doing" James' dad asked angrily. "The doctor's just told me you won't be able to play football for 3 months now. You know how long it took for me to get you that trial at Watford, now what?". "I'm sorry dad". "Who's Jack and why were you at his house". "He's my friend. I was just bored so I went to his house" he said. His dad continued to tell him off for another 10 minutes before the doctor got fed up and kicked him out of the room.

Jack then realised he needed the toilet. He asked one of the hospital staff where the toilet was and was told "End of that corridor over there take the first left then go up the stairs, and then walk down the corridor until the end then go right and then at the end of that corridor it's the last door on the left". "Huh" said Jack, confused by the incredibly complicated directions. "Just follow the signs they'll tell you were to go" she said. Jack followed the signs around the absolute maze that was this hospital. "Who designed this building" he thought to himself. When he finally got to the toilet he was almost going to wet himself. He ran into a cubical and felt a small spurt of pee come out. He emptied the rest of his bladder into the toilet before going to wash his hands and dry the wet spot on his trousers using the hand dryer.

When he returned to James. He had a cast around his leg and was standing up using crutches, ready to be discharged. The boys then went home with their own parents, both receiving long lectures from them. Jack's parents decided to ground him for the remaining 2 weeks of the summer break and also extend the ban on using the PlayStation.