2. Convince

This time, you wake up to a shifting weight on your arms.
You blink your eyes open and you are met with the sight of a very defined back musculature.
Still too tired to speak, you pepper tiny kisses all over Piers back. When he straightens his back, the muscles dance under the creamy skin.
In flash, he turns around, facing you.
"Good Morning..." your lieutenant slurrs.
"G'Morning.." you answer groggily.
"Where have you been yesterday ? I've waited for you..." Piers asks.
"I'm so sorry. My brother wanted to see me and....I turned out to take more time than I thought..." You try not to wake his curiosity.
He hums in understanding. Absent-mindedly, Piers slightly calloused hands start to draw invisible patterns on your back, under your Shirt.
"What kept you so tied up ?" He asks, looking directly into your sleepy (e/c) eyes.
It is like he is searching for the answer there.
You drop your head so the top of your head hits the sniper's chest.
"The letter." Is everything you have to say to make Piers pulling you closer.
You know he won't ask further, because he wouldn't want you to be uncomfortable around him.
But you have to tell him sooner or later.
"It was adressed to my brother, but it was important for both of us. My father wrote it, knowing he wouldn't survive to finish what he had begun. There was a last task he wanted my brother to do, if my father won't survive."
Without really realizing, a single tear rolls down your cheek.
"He wrote that my mother is alive and he wanted to find her."
Now you really can't speak anymore.
You let out shaky breaths, and Piers strokes your hair soothingly.
After a few moments of staying like this, you slowly get up.
Doing your daily routine, you are standing in front of the mirror, combing through your (h/c) (h/l) hair //short hair: pulling it into a messy high tail | long hair: braiding it into a standard braid.// and you stop midway, thinking.
Only the warm hands on your hips pull you back to reality.
"What are you thinking about ?" The sniper asks, kissing the side of your head.
You sigh at the feeling.
"I don't know...How will Chris react ? He is so kind. And I just load more burdens on him than he already has. First, he let me stay here in the first place."
"A decision I can only agree to." Piers whispers into your hair.
You chuckle "Then, he let me stay and let me join the BSAA without any education needed for the job. And now he lets my brother stay here. And how do I thank him ? By asking him to help.me again." You look at the floor.
The hands on your hips caress up and down your waist now.
"I think he'll be okay with that. And you also helped him, kind of. He didn't have to train you, after all. And you are a natural talent with...well...everything."
He reassures you, turning you around. He kisses you, to show you that he meant what he just said.
You kiss him back, savoring this everytime like it was your last time. You know how fast things can change.
You walk around the camp, hand in hand with Piers, giving you a feeling of safety.
You arrive at your Captain's quarters. You take a deep breath. Before you go in there, you turn around to your boyfriend and kiss him.
"Thanks." You whisper, breaking away.
"No problem. You can do this. Now go...and...get...them..." He says, kissing you between words.
You let go of his hand and go into the tent.
Chris is sitting behind his desk again, sipping his coffee when you enter.
"Oh, good morning (y/n). Something you want to talk about ?" Chris asks, giving you a sincere smile.
You like him. His friendly yet direct character.
But you gulp, knowing what follows.
"Yes...there is something actually."
And then you tell him everything you know and what your father told you.
After a few agonizing dragging moments, you fear the worst. He's had enough.
"(y/n)..." Chris adresses you.
You look at him.
He stands up, walks around his desk and stands in front of you. Out of reflex, you stand up, too.
He puts his hands on your shoulders.
"You've got every help you need. Me and Alpha will be there for you."
You can't supress your urge to hug him. So you do just that.
"Thank you so much ! I don't know I'll ever return the favor, but ask me and I'll anything !"
"It's okay..." Chris says, letting go of you.
"Sooo...how do plan on getting your brother 'out on the field' again ?" He asks.
"Well, at first we should start by getting him back in shape. He was the one who taught me how to climb and all these things."
He nods in agreement.
"Furthermore, I have to teach him how to use weapons again. But he already has experience with them, not like me."
"Okay, considering how well you already planned it, I think you know what to do. But I've got one last question."
You make a hand motion to make him continue.
"Is he also carrying the powers you've got ?"
That's a good question. You never really thought about it. If he hadn't, there won't be a big problem, but if he does...
"I don't know." You answer honestly.
"It's okay. We'll figure it out. The information in the lab says, that there are similar viruses to yours, but with other effects."
"Hmm...I hope he isn't carrying one."
"Hey, even if he is, that won't change much. Just focus on getting him back to his shape."
You nod and smile.
After the formal things, you say your good bye's.
You make a short break at your brother's, to tell him the great news.
And after that, you walk back to your's falling into a peaceful sleep next to Piers.

~~~

Yuup, I just complete failed at planning in time for writing >.
I hope you guys like it anyways :D
Leave a vote or a comment to show me that you approve :)

Oh, and I'm gonna do the Resident Evil 30 Day Challenge :D
It'll start a 1/6/15 xD
Take a look if you want to ~°v°~

See ya \(^o^)/