18. I'm Coming Home~

You are staring out the window while stroking Chero absent-mindedly.
What just happened ?
After months of searching for her, you found her. And she tried to kill you.
Why ?
Why would she want to kill you ?
Everything you did was for your father. You promised to find your mother, to end his work.
And it ended. But not the way expected it to.

Your brother seems to be mutually shocked, but he tries to hide it. He wants to be strong, for you and for himself.

Now what ?
Probably you will go back to Edonia, getting back to the duties of a normal soldier's life.
But can you continue like this ? Just forget about everything that happened ? No. The answer is no.
First of all, you will have to to write a detailed report, so you can't just forget. It's impossible.

It hurts. Hearing your mother say that you should be dead. Without any reason.

"You okay back there ?" Leon asks, watching you through the mirror.
"Yeah..." you mutter.
Judging by your undertone, Leon knows that the conversation ends right there.

You don't want to talk. You just want back and lay next to Piers, not saying a word.
Because he won't ask question if you don't want to talk. He is just there, hugs you and warms you, without asking for anything in return.

Sighing you glance at your brother again. He resembles your pose, chin leaned on his fist, staring at the landscape in front of him.

Nothing has to be said, because no words can describe what happened.

Leon pulls the car up to a parking lot. He drove you two to the nearest airport, booking a flight on the way there.
You have to change the plane in New York once, but then it is a fast way back.
You hurry to the terminal and turn back to Leon.
Walking up to him, you hug him. The hug is returned immediately.
You pull back a bit and whisper "Thank you Leon, for everything."
He lets go of you.
"No problem (y/n)."
"And take care of Jill a bit." You smile. He salutes in answer.
When brother and Leon fist bump and laugh a bit.
Your brother joins you again, and together, you walk towards the plane.

Other than last time, you don't sleep. After today's events, a bad dream is the last thing you need.
The hours pass fast and in a flash you are in New York City.
When you pass the terminal, you see various couples hugging and kisses and smiling at each other. It just reminds you on how much you actually miss all these things. How much you miss Piers.

Of course your following plane has delay.
Sighing, you sit down near a window, looking at the beautiful skyline.
Cherokee, who travels with you all the time, drops his head on your knee.
"You are happy to see your pack again, are you ?" You crack a smile at him.
He whines and stubs your knee with his nose.

'Flight NYA37 to Edonia is boarding. Please, go to your terminal.'
The voice startles you and you nudge your brother to wake him up.
"Come on, almost there." You whisper and pull on his sleeve.
Like a robot, he walks on the plane and slumps down in his seat, sleeping again.
You groan and put on his seat belt for him.
When the plane is in the air, you begin to think again.

Does your team even know you come back ? Did Leon call Chris already ? Were Chris and Piers back on their feet again ?

You begin to smile. Maybe you can surprise your boyfriend with a surprising homecoming.
You miss him so much right now.

The day was hard and your eyes kept falling shut, but you fight against the sleep.
But when your head hits your brother's shoulder, you are out like a light.

You dream about your mother and what she said to you. It repeats itself over and over in your head, but suddenly, it isn't you who your mother is hugging.
It is Leon.
Your mother rams the syringe into his neck and he sinks to the ground.
Leon attacks you and hits you. Falling to the ground hard, he pins you to the ground.
The blonde grins widely and roars when he dives down to bite your neck.
His sharpened teeth sink into your flesh and you scream as loud as you can.

"Shit !" You jolt awake, but thanks to the pilots speech no one noticed.
You breath heavily, but you catch yourself fast and prepare for landing.
Nudging your brother's shoulder again, he sits up groggily.

The plane lands, Chero runs up to you and together you walk towards the exit.

You watch women jump into men's arms; they are laughing and crying or they just hug each other.
A small part of you hoped to see Piers among them somewhere, but of course he wasn't there.
He probably didn't even know that you are back.

You look around the parking area and spot the BSAA jeep you left in Edonia.
You check your backpack for the keys and luckily you find them.

On instinct and memory, you drive back to the camp and you are greeted by the guards at the gate on shift.
"Oh ! (y/n) ! Back again ?" Marco says, leaning on your window.
"Yup. Where is Piers right now ?" Suddenly you just want to be with him.
"Uhhm...it's nice to see you, too." He pouts, but smiles and continues "I guess he's at your guys dorm."
"It is nice to see you, silly." You smirk and exaggeratedly smooch his cheek.
"Stop it, or I'll get into trouble with Piers." He grins and opens the gate.

You drive inside and cut the engine.
Grabbing your bags you walk straight to your dorm, Chero always by your side.
When the dorm comes in sight, it feels like it's been ages since you left.

You begin to jog to the dorm, get in and drop the bags to jump into Piers' arms.
But everything you see, is Piers' shocked gaze.

~~~

Another one for you cool guys who were with me through all this :3

By the way, I've got Tumblr :D

Nichname: Shyerue

Check it out :D I'll inform you on updates there, too. :)

See ya \(^o^)/