6. A Long Night

Your fingers are bleeding. Almost literally.
You stand up to go to a sink in the bathroom to cool your fingers down.
Typing for hours and writing down everything that only seems to be important has its prize.
Once you deem your fingers cool enough, you walk back to the bureau and look at your hands.
"I think I'm getting calluses on my fingertips." You say as you rub your pads.
Sighing you slump back into your still warm seat.
The door swings open, revealing Chris carrying coffee and other energizing items.

He hands out a coffee for everyone and sets the rest on the window ledge.
Your comment just earns an 'aww' sound from your brother. You grab a piece of paper, form it into a ball and nail him into his head with it.
Piers, who volunteered to help, stirrs awake from the smell of coffee. Yes, he fell asleep again. And yes, no one bothered to wake him up and send him to bed. The reason for that is, that he latter wouldn't have worked anyways.
You lean back into your chair and grab your papers, trying to get them in order.
You spend at least another hour to get some kind of system in it.

Everyone is snoring in the room, except for you. You are still searching the internet and look through some newspapers.
But eventually, you also fall asleep on the desk, when the sun already rises again.

You are slightly confused when you feel the thin blanket of your bed on you when you wake up. But the warm weight on your hip lets you conclude the way you got here.
You stirr a bit and open your eyes. They feel dry and tired, so you close them right away. You groan at the light headache. You are still wearing your clothes from yesterday.

A light kiss is pressed to your nape and the fingers on your hip lightly caress the skin under your shirt.
"Slept well ?" Piers mumbles, breath tickling your neck.
You giggle at the sensation and take his hand in yours "Yeah...Did you get me here ?"
"Mmhhmm..." The sniper hums, trailing butterfly kisses up and down your neck.
"You have to be more careful with your eyes. You are a sniper." He lectures you.
You play with his fingers "Yeah yeah...." You answer groggily.
"Did you found something, at least ?" Piers asks, moving his hand massage your neck.
You hum approvingly "I found something about the day when I was born. A car crash, but the car was empty. I don't know if that is important, but it's better than nothing. You ?"
"I found the clinic where you were born and arranged a meeting."
"When ?"
"Saturday."
"That is fast ! How did you manage that ?" You ask and turn around, facing the also fully clothed sniper.
"I just threatened them with the government to investigate the clinic because of delaying a governmental persecution." He shrugs.
You lean in and whisper just before your lips touch "You're the best."
He chuckles and your lips meet for a tender kiss.
To get a more comfortable position, you swing your leg over his waist, straddling Piers.
You lean down again, pressing your body against his, feeling his warmth. The lieutenant places his hands on your hips, tracing lightly towards your behind.
Suddenly, the wet tongue of Cherokee interrupts the soon-to-be-hot situation. He lick up and down your face.

You know what is wrong with him. Cherokee is jealous. Jealous of Piers.
You back away from your boyfriend and drop to the side again, Cherokee laying on your possessively.
"Oh boy..." You sigh and nudge Cherokee's side to force him off the bed.
Once he is down you lean over the bed and lecture him "Bad boy !"
He whines a bit.
Piers crawls over you, hovering right above your body "She's mine ! Got it ?"
Cherokee glares a him stands up and hits Piers 'accidentally' with his tail. He playfully falls off of you.
The husky grew quite a bit and when he sits next to you, his head almost reaches your hip.
You lay next to Piers again, taking his face in your hands.
"Aww...did my bodyguard hit you ?"
"Heey...I took the bullet for you."
"Ohhh...my knight in the shiny armor it seems.."
"For you, anytime." The lieutenant smiles.
You grin and whisper "I love you."
"I love you, too"
And you resume the kiss.

Later that evening, you all meet up at the bureau, gathering the information you found.
"I arranged a meeting with some.people from the clinic where (y/n) was born. It'll be Saturday." Piers informs the others.
"Wow...I found something about an accident..." your brother says.
"The one with the cars ?" You ask.
"Yup. You found it too ?"
"Yup..."
You sigh. At this rate you will never gather enough information.
Chris now speaks up "Okay, guys. How about we focus on the meeting. During your absence, Alpha will search for more information so we don't waste time. Everything clear ?"
The three of you salute in an instant.
"Yes, Sir."
"Dismiss !"
You all salute and step out of the room.
"Well then," Your brother starts. "We should call it a night. We will start the day after tomorrow."
"Wait a minute." Piers interrupts.
"What is it ?"
"You two are going alone ?"
"Guess so..."
"No."
"Yes."
"No."
"Yes."
"Hell no."
"Hell yes."
"Guys ! Stop it !" You break the argument.
You turn to Piers and hold his face in your hands.
"I'll be okay. I'll text you and we can take Cherokee with us."
"The dog ?!" Your brother exclaims.
"Yes."
"No."
"Yes."
"No."
"You know this is in vain ?" You grin.
"Yes." He sighs.
You turn back to your boyfriend.
"Fine. But please, be careful."
"Of course I will be."

~~~

God, I know I'm extremely slow. But school's eating me up. My teachers are like 'Damnit, we need marks'.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed :)

See ya \(^o^)/