16. Hit The Road Jack~~

The door of the car shuts with a loud thud.
Once again, your hands begin to sweat and you instantly check all the mirrors.
Your brother starts the engine and you look at Leon, who is sitting in the passenger seat next to him.
He also watches your brother with eagle eyes. By now you heard some of his stories, but after you told him about your brother's driving talents, well...
Anyways, he manages to get on the road without getting the old woman on the sidewalk killed and you are finally able to relax.
"Now tell me, how did you two actually joined the BSAA ?" asks, trying to break the ice.
"Uhhm...That's a long story..." You sigh.
"And this is a long car ride.." Leon sighs and turns around in is seat, facing you.
"Alright, alright.." You smile and lean back.
You tell Leon about the days you were captured, how you escaped and Alpha team saved you in the first place. How you grew up more and more to Chris and the others, your quick education and your very quick joining of the BSAA. The way you discovered your powers..
"Wait a minute, you can do what ?!" The blonde exclaims.
"Why are you surprised, you already saw me doing it with Jill." You laugh. "But yeah...while I was captured there, they gave me something. It made me able to control water and any liquid."
"That sounds cool, but doesn't that make you a B.O.W. ?"

You never thought of this. Actually you are. Then again, the suits also saw you already and never said anything. What the hell.
"Somehow...You are right, but I never had any problems with that. But I'm not allowed to do that in public. Too much attention."
"I see." He says.
"And how did you get here ?" You ask. You know about his mission in Spain a few years ago and a few smaller ones, but he never told you how he even managed to become a governmental agent.
And he tells you about Raccoon City. His first day on the job and the zombie infection. How he met Claire, his girlfriend, and a little girl named Sherry. About the mysterious woman Ada Wong he also fell for, but had enough of waiting for her. And Claire was always there when he needed someone to talk with and so on.
"And that's how me and Claire Redfield got together." He grins and ends his story.
"Wait, Redfield ?" You ask. Confusion takes over.
"Yes, Claire is Chris' sister. And he has his eye on me. Always." Leon explains dramatically.
You snort and picture Chris, sitting next to the table in a restaurant where Leon and Claire had their first date.
"What about you ?"
"Huh ? Me ?" You ask Leon.
"Yeah, you single or taken ?"
"Uhhhhhm.." You grin nervously. Actually you don't know what's wrong with you. Every time someone asks about your relationship status you get all flustered and nervous. Only god knows why.
"She is taken." Your brother smirks and looks at you through the mirror.
"Ohhh !" Leon puts his hands on his cheeks and looks at you.
"Uhhm...yes..." You stutter.
"Who's the lucky one ?"
"I don't know if you know him."
"Lay it on me." He smiles.
"Piers Nivans ?"
"OH ! The 'man who never misses a target', huh ?"
"Yeah...I met him during my stay in Edonia."
"And how did you two got together ?"
"Give up, pal. I asked her the same question and I'm waiting for the answer since then." Your brother interrupts your lovely conversation.
"Yeah, because I know you would make fun of me.." You pout.
"Why would I do that ?"
"Because you are you !"
"Point taken..." He shrugs and pulls on in parking lot on a rest area.

You sigh and change places with your brother. When he wants to lay down on Chero like you did a few times before, Chero stands up and hops into the boot.
You saw it and snort at your brother's 'WTF' face.
He lays down on some bags and falls asleep soon enough.
Leon, who volunteered to stay awake with you, turns around to look at him.
When he is certain your brother is fast asleep, he turns back and makes himself comfortable in his seat.
"Now, do you want to answer my question ?"
You sigh "Sure..."
While driving through the night, you tell the agent everything about your relationship. Not just to keep yourself and Leon awake, also just to talk about it.
About how Piers was a total ass at the beginning and you slowly warmed up. How he supported you and was the one who said Chris to let you join the BSAA.
The dancing night with your almost kiss and the following mission with your first kiss.
You could also ramble on about your first time together, but that would be too much information.

"I guess all the crap had its assets in the end, huh ?" Leon yawns.
"Indeed. And you will sleep now, I'll wake you up at 0700." You say firmly, urging the stubborn blonde to sleep. Not that you don't like the company, but he needs to sleep, too. For once he should look up to your brother who snores quietly for hours in the backseat.
"Alright, alright.." Leon sighs and lays his head on the window.
You shake your head and concentrate on driving.
The good thing is that the streets are pretty empty during the night.

The hours pass fast and the sun rises already.
Glancing at the clock, you nudge Leon and drive to the next rest area and change places right after a visiting the sanitary installations.
Leon wastes no time and drives on right away.
You fall asleep right away and don't notice the hours pass.

When the car comes to an abrupt halt, you wake up, rubbing the sleep from your eyes.

You are in the middle of a desert like environment, a few lonely houses with giant backyards. Some horses and cows. The typical cliché countryside.

"And you are sure this is it ?" Your brother asks Leon.
"Yup, I'm certain we are right. It should be this house." He points at a house on your left.
"Alright, here goes nothing." You say.
Signaling for Chero to stay at the truck and you walk up the stairs to knock at the wooden door.

~~~

Alright, I made my decision. I'm not going to drag the story.
I know exactly how this book will end. It won't be as long as the first one, but a third one will follow to complete the trilogy.

Means, we will continue with pure plot xD

I hope you are content with my decision :3

See ya \(^o^)/