13. One Step Closer

"Oh boy..This is...one...heavy...box..." Your brother complains.
"Cry me a river..." You snicker and nudge is biceps.
"You wanna...carry this ?"
"No, because you are already claimed that right."
"I feel...honoured..." He huffs, finally releasing the box on a couch nearby.
You grab one and start matching the pictures.
"Nope."
"Uh Uh.."
"Never."
"Over my dead body !"
"*buzzer noise*"
"Would you kindly help me or do you want to keep going ?" You ask your brother who is streched out on the couch like he just carried a tank.
"I prefer to keep going..."
"Of fucking course.." You groan and roll your (e/c) eyes.
"No."
"Non."
"Niemals."
"нет."
"No, para nada."
"όχι."
"Okay, since when do you speak Greek ?" You ask him, not believing the onslaught of languages you just heard.
"Since I wanted to annoy you."
"Sooo...since my birth ?"
"Ha ha." He fake laughs and finally grabs another file to help you.
But you still sit there for like hours and of course it is one of the last files in the box.
But it is a bull's-eye.
Matching hair color, skin color, eye color, nationality, age, everything is right. And there also is an adress.
"Wohooo !" You exclaim and put the file on the table, carefully sliding the other files back into the box.
It is already sun down and you wonder if Leon is even there. But when you knock at the door and you receive an answer, you sigh in relief.
Entering the office, Leon sets his coffee on the table, greeting you.
"I hope I don't interupt something..." You say shyly. Even though you talked like three sentences with him, you like him right away. Similar to Chris, he is like a teddy, dripping with trust and the smell of coffee. Yes, Chris smells like he bathes in coffee.
"No, I was just sorting out some things.." Leon getures to his overloaded trash bin.
"Oh...alright...Anyways, we found a matching file." You smile and shake the file in your hands a bit.
You are alone at Leon's since your brother decided to lay down on that couch.
"Let me see ?" He asks and gestures for the file.
"Sure." You hand it to him and he thumbs through the pages.
"Ahh..okay..Goodness, where is this place ?" Leon snorts and slumps back in his seat in front of his desk.
He types something and waits for a long time. Meanwhile you look around. Leon's dark wooden desk is decorated with some pictures.
"Is that your wife ?" You ask, pointing at a red haired woman.
"My girlfriend. I didn't tie the knot yet..." The blonde admits.
He looks at the loading screen. He wants to speak up, but the computer cuts him off by finally showing an image.
A map. Most of it is coloured in a light yellow, probably to show desert.
"This place is somewhere near Vegas. I've never heard of it before...." Leon snorts.
"How long will it take to drive there ?" You ask.
You can feel your bones vibrate with anticipation. You can't wait to tell your brother and get behind the wheel.
"Uhhm...Wow...20 hours....boy..." Leon says, pointing at the time displayed by the screen.
"I can drive, but neither I nor my brother will know the way...even with a map."
"I'm coming with you." Leon suddenly says.
"What ?"
"I'm coming with you." He repeats. You understood everything the first time he said it, but you simply couldn't believe it.
"You can come with us just like this ?"
"No.." Leon laughs and pulls out a pile of papers.
"First I need to fill out these and they have to prove this, so it might take a few days. But in the meantime, you can go sight seeing. Washington D.C. is great, you know ?" Leon suggests, already filling out some spaces.
"Yeah....You are right...Thank you, Mr. Kennedy."
"No need to thank me. By the way, I'm Leon."
"(y/n)." You smile.
Since you are awake and you don't want to sleep anyways, you stay at Leon's and help him with his papers.
You don't want to sleep, fearing another nightmare.
Seeing Piers like this..You can't bear that thought alone. Not again.
You want to come home with your mother on your tail and jump into Piers' arms. That's it. You don't ask for more. Just for things going like you want it, for once.
"Why do they want to know if you are married ?" You snort, pointing at the paper.
"In case they have to inform them about my death, I guess." Leon shrugs.
"Wow...always the optimists." You smirk.
"Indeed. What about your brother ? Where is he anyways ?"
"Ugh...he fell asleep on that couch there. Don't ask me how, since this thing was incredibly uncomfortable..." Leon huffs "..but he did." You finish.
"Yeah...I fell asleep on that thing too. But-" Leon is cut off by his vibrating phone.
"Excuse me." He nods at you and you wave him to go on.
"Yeah ?....What ? Let her in !"
He hangs up and the door bursts open almost immediately.
Jill stumbles in and you quickly sit her down on the chair.
"What's wrong ?"
"My belly hurts....I don't know...Chris said you can heal ?"
You heart races. Yes, you are able to heal wounds and broken bones and so on, but with a baby ?
"I...I don't know if I-"
"Just do it !" She screams and clutches her stomach.
"Leon, Water !" You request.
"I don't have any."
You look around. You bend the water fron the plant in the corner of the room.
You tattoos, uncovered today, begin to glow again while you take care of Jill.
She sighs in relief, letting you assume that it works. You can feel the heartbeat of the child. Wow.
You smile and finish the healing session.
You look up at the woman to be greeted with a smile of relief.
"Thank you..." Jill says.
"Damnit Jill ! Why didn't you rush to a hospital ?"
"Because they would have informed Chris for nothing. And you were closer to me than that damn hospital..."
"But if this happens again, I will inform Chris for nothing." Leon insists.
"Yeah yeah..."
'Oh my...this is going to be fun..' you think.

~~~

So guys, I hope you enjoyed :3
I'll be on vacation so I font know if I will have internet there :)
I hope you are content with that :D

See ya\(^o^)/