10. Travel

The alarm goes off. Groggily, you reach over to make it snooze.

Chero shifts under you, but lays down again.

You doze off again, not noticing that your brother woke up entirely.

He groans and sits up, looking at you.

He smirks and walks into the bathroom.

Silently, he walks to your bed.

You shift, laying on your back.

Your brother holds up the wet cloth, grinning down at you.

He drops it on your neck.

You scream and manhandle him on the bed, knife to his throat.

"Woah ! (y/n) !" He exclaims, raising his hands.

Your eyes are still clouded with sleep and you have to stop for a second.

"Oh my god ! I'm so sorry." You apologize quickly, sliding off of him as soon as you realize that.

"No problem. But I'll never do that again..." He mutters.

"At least I'm awake now."

Your alarm goes off again and you turn it off.

You quickly wash up and walk to the reception, sneaking Chero to his former place, next to the desk.

"Now stay put. Don't leave again." You scold him playfully.

You walk back to your brother, meeting up with him. But his inner girl took over again, since he is still showering when you enter.

You sigh and take your phone.

You open WhatsApp and text your boyfriend.

>>Good morning *sleepy smiley*

>>Morning..:* Up this early...again ? xD

>> You laugh, I could cry D:

>>I'm certain you could, thinking of how hard it is to get you out of bed here...;)

>>I think in our cases there are other...things...that keep me....tied up...;*

>>The things you do to me....*Nervous and blushing smiley*

>>You are still surprised ?

>>No, just wondering why it still works ever time...Gotta go. Final debriefing. Going on a mission for a few days. Won't be able to text you. Please, don't worry. And don't forget me. I love you <3

>>Oh..okay. You better come back to me in one piece. Be careful out there. I love you, too ! <333

And with that the texting ends. Finally, your brother emerges from the bathroom, steam gathering in the room.

Whistling, he walks past you, but when he notices you looking at your feet, he stands in front of you again.

"Hey...What's wrong with you ?" He asks, taking your phone out of your hand, taking your hand in his.

"Piers is on a mission..." You whisper.

"Heey...He's lieutenant for a reason. He is the best sniper Alpha's got. Don't worry so much."

"I should be there with him...."

"I think he is capable to watch out for himself. Besides, Alpha is there, too. He'll be alright."

"You sure ?"

"I'm sure." Your brother smiles.

"Thank you." You say and go to hug him. His body is still partly wet and you jolt back, not wanting having to change.