3. Back In Shape

Two weeks later

"Come on, man ! I've seen that better !" You scream.

"Yeah yeah....The one time I wish Piers was here to distract you !" Your brother screams back.

Since he learned to walk properly again, you are drilling him to climb again. Currently, he is climbing a tree. Or at least he tries to.

"Shut up, rookie ! As much as I want the same, it won't happen ! Paperwork and stuff.." you mumble the last sentence.

"Awwwwwwwwww..." Comes from above you.

You grab a tiny stone and throw it against the backside of your brother's knee.

"Ouch !" He whines.

"Your own fault. Now come on ! I'm hungry !" You urge him to climb faster, similar to what he did with you when you were younger.

There was an apple. To train your brother and get your hunger satisfied, you made him climb up there to get it.

After half an hour, he still struggles to get from the third to the last branch.

"Yeah yeah....Almost done !"

"You said that like 20 minutes ago too."

Before he answers, he jumps to the branch and grabs the apple.

You both cheer until your brother stops.

"How do I get down ?"

You say nothing and point at the pile of leafs not too far away from him.

He gulps "Uhhm...I don't think I'm ready for this, (y/n)."

"May I remind you how you taught me how to leap ?" You ask with a sly smirk.

"Noooo....I think I don't need that. Thanks."

After 10 more minutes, he is still standing on the same spot, with your apple in hand, rotting away.

"I'm gonna jump. Just give me a minute." You brother reassures you, but you have none of it.

In a flash, you are standing next to him, hopping on his back and steer him to jump.

After a little fight you finally manage to get him down in the pile.

You get out and extend a hand for your brother to stand up.

He hoists hmself up, growling "What the heck was that ?" He almost screams at you angrily.
"Nothing...just taught you a lesson. Race back to the camp ?" You ask smirking, knowing your brother will agree.
He nods and leaves a faint trail of dirt flying behind him.
You chuckle and start to catch up to him.
Many soldiers are in your way and you have to hop around them to avoid crashing.
Your brother runs into the building, past Chris and Piers.
You make a short stop to kiss your boyfriend and quickly jog after your brother who disappeared into your room.
You get in after him.
There he stands, a bow in hand.
You gasp "Is this...What think it is ?"
"Yes. It isn't the original one, but he made one for me. But I want you to have it." Your brother explains, handing you the bow. He straps a quiver on you. "Looks great." He states, giving thumbs up.
You go and hug him.
"Thank you..." you breath into his shoulder.
"Don't mention it. You saved my life and helped me to get back in shape. You deserve it and so much more, (y/n)."
You chuckle, pull away and hit his shoulder playfully.
"You always exaggerate." You laugh.
"Maybe. But this time I'm serious."
You smile at him.
"Besides," he starts,"I like the BSAA bow better." He winks at you.
You walk to your wardrobe and open it.
You put the bow and quiver next to your rifle.
"I'm still impressed Mr. Redfield lets you keep your weapons this close to you." Your brother states.
You sigh "I know. He does so much."
"He's a good man. Like your boyfriend I assume." Your brother says smirking.
Here we go again.
"Not agaiiiin !" You whine.
"When are we going to have that good old cliche dinner ?"
"Hopefully never !" You say pathetically. At this exact moment, the door swings open, revealing Finn.
You jolt back at the sudden sound and look towards the door bewildered.
"Goodness ! Finn !"
"Sorry (y/n) ! I just just wanted to tell you that Captain Redfield wants to speak to you." The soldier says while saluting.
"Ok. Thanks, Finn. But next time: Knock before you enter." You advise.
He gulps and nods. Turning on his heels he almost flies down the hallway.
You calm yourself.
Walking to your brother, you hug him good-bye.
You walk down the building, to Chris' bureau.
Your thoughts distract you and you bump into someone.
"I'm so sorry." You apologize awkwardly.
"No problem, darling."
You only now recognize your sniper.
"Hey." You smile as he leans down to kiss you.
He breaks away, holding you close to you by your waist.
"Where are you going ?" He asks.
"On my way to Chris. By the way, do you have any idea what he could want from me ?" You ask Piers, raising your eyebrow.
"Hmmm..not that I can remember. Why ?"
"I don't know... just thought you might know something."
"Nope. Not this time. Are we going to have dinner ?" He asks, looking directly into your (e/c) eyes.
"Uhhmm...I don't know, what do you want ?"
Piers leans down and nibbles your ear, answering in his sexy low voice "You..."
Your breath hitches and blush at the answer.
"W-Well... If that's so..." You stutter and trace your hands down his chest, biting your lip slightly at the thought of his skin against yours.
He kisses you again, more passionately this time.
"Okay...I'll see you then." The lieutenant smiles and kisses you one last time before letting you go.
You sigh and walk down the hallway, stopping at Chris' room.
You knock, other than Finn, and wait for permission to enter.
Once given, you enter and close the door behind you.
You salute "You wanted to talk to me ?"
Chris looks up from his laptop, focusing on you.
"Yes, I wanted to. At ease, (y/n)."
You relax and walk towards him.
"Yes. About your brother."
You gulp "Yes, w-what about him ?" You ask nervously.
"Is he back in shape ?"
"Well, as good as it can get in this short time."
"Is he able to fight ?"
"I think so."
"You don't sound so sure about that."
You sigh "Yeah..I don't know. I'm pretty sure he was able to fight. But since..well you know...I don't know. But I think with a bit of training he'll do it."
"Okay. The reason I ask is that we have a first lead to your mother."
Your eyes widen.
"Yes, Sir. I'll inform my bro-"
"No, you won't. I want to talk to him."
"Yes, Sir." You salute and turn around to leave.
Just before you close the door you say "Have a good sleep, Captain."
He looks at you again and smiles "You two too." He says, winking.

~~~

Sorry it took me so long again...:(
But here it is :D
I hope you enjoyed it :)

See ya \(^o^)/