11. Thinking Too Much

Driving on a freeway all the time makes tired. And it gives time to think.

'Where is Piers right now ? Is he okay ? Is everyone else okay ? Maybe he is home already ? I hope so..'

You thoughts spin in circles. You roll down the freeway, steering for the airport. Cutting the engine as soon as you drove into the parking lot, you sigh and drop your head on the steering wheel.

Slowly, you get out of the car opening the door for Cherokee.

As always, he runs off to the next bush and gets rid of his extra weight.

You are asking yourself if Finn thought about Chero when he bought the fly. You shrug it off, thinking you will find out soon enough.

The husky trots back to you, sitting down and waits for the both of you to finally get done.

Grabbing you bags, you lock the car and make a mental note to tell Finn to get it back to base.

The airport is crowded and to be honest you thought that it would be that full.

I mean, we are in the middle of nowhere, in an ass cold country with poverty everywhere.

Chero gets separated for an extra part of the plane. Just for pets.

The check in goes fast in a flash you are inside the plane.

You wriggle to your seat and plop down, already thinking about how great it will be to stand up again.

Once you are in the air, the stewardess is at your side, asking you the standard questions.

"Anything you want to eat, Miss ?" She smiles. Boy..Why are people always smiling here ?

"No, thank you." You politely decline.

"Anything you want to drink ?" she asks, pulling down her shirt.

"A water should be enough, thank you."

"Of course." She gives you your drink, pushing her cart to the next guests.

You sip a bit on it and look out of the window.

Actually, you could hit yourself. You should have more faith in Piers. He is capable of taking care of himself and the team. But you know how harsh the world is.

Your brother seems to sense your train of thoughts and nudges you to draw your attention to him.

"Y-Yes ?" You turn your head towards him.

"What were you thinking about ?"

"Guess."

He sighs. "Don't worry so much. He can do this. This isn't his first time and he is not some rookie." Your brother encourages you.

"I know...But I've got a feeling. Something is wrong. I can sense it."

"How ?"

"I don't know...I just can..." You breath, putting your head in your hands.

You lean your head on his shoulder.

You fall asleep and wake up in the middle of the night, still on the plane.

"Uggh..." You groan and sit up, rubbing your eyes.

Looking around, you notice that everyone is asleep. Even the stewardesses seem to be off duty.