5. The Search Begins

A few days after the meeting ...

It is still dark outside when you wake up. Usually, you sleep like a baby, but when you see the blurry form of your boyfriend sitting up next to you, it dawns to you why you woke up.

You rub your eyes and sit up, too.

You bring your hands up to Piers' shoulders, rubbing them lightly.

"What's wrong ?" you asks sleepily.

"Don't know...you were gone...I woke up..." He stutters, trying to explain himself.

Your eyes open a bit more.

"I was gone ?"

"Yeah...I don't know what's wrong with me..." The sniper sighs.

You sit up a bit more, straddling his lap, hugging his head to your chest.

"I'm here....With you..." You reassure him, kissing his head lovingly.

He wraps his arms around your waist, hugging you even closer to him.

You stroke the back of his head lightly, knowing he likes it and he will relax further.

You lay down again, this time with Piers' head on your chest. He listens to your heartbeat and inhales your scent like he is making sure this isn't another dream.

Your hand glides through his hair, getting rid of a few tiny knots on the way.

As soon as you hear the rhythmic breathing of your sniper, you fall asleep again.

When you phone rings, it is already like forenoon. You groan and open your eyes.

The man on your chest is still sound asleep. You smile and reach for your phone.

"Yeah ?" You ask groggily.

"Yo, Sis. Get over to the bureau. The PC's and everything is here."

"I'm on it...Give me a bit time..." And with that you end the call.

You throw your phone back on the bedside table. Carefully, your hands glide under Piers' head, lifting it off and placing it on the pillows.

You slide off the bed. When you do so, your boyfriend stirrs a bit, but doesn't bother to wake up. You grin. It is rare that Piers gets the sleep he wants, and it is cute to see him sleep.

The light snoring and sometimes he unconciously wrinkles his nose in his sleep.

You lean down to give him a kiss in his cheek, and set off for a morning shower.

The water running down your body wakes you up like almost nothing else can.

You dry off your body, put on some clothes and do a bun with your hair.

Mariella gave you the advise to do that. "It helps to reduce split ends." to quote her.

Walking out of the bathroom, you see Piers still asleep, splayed out all over your bed, face into your pillow.

You smile at the scene and grab a conveniently placed paper to write down a note for him.

Placing it on the bedside table, you grab your phone and walk to the bureau.

On the hallway, Chris catches up to you.

"Hey, oon your way to the bureau ?" He asks.