19. Betrayal

Your knees begin to get weak; tears swell up in your eyes.

Piers breaks away from the girl that pressed her body to his and him to the wall in a kiss.
"(y/n)..." He mutters, eyes still wide.
"P-Piers..." You can't hold back your tears anymore.

You were gone for some weeks and he betrays you with the next best girl.
You don't even recognize her.
But her dark blue dress makes her look like a slut. Nothing you would want to wear during an icy winter.

"(y/n), I swear to you, this isn't what it looks like !" Piers voice startles you back into reality.
He quickly walks up to you and reaches out for you.
You grab his hands and push him back.

Turning on your heels, you run out of the tent.
During the sprint, you swing your bags on your back and whistle for Chero to follow you.

Even though it was late there are many soldier up, giving you the opportunity to blend in.
You run into the crowd, hoping Piers won't find you.
But being the sniper he is, he can spot you easily and pushes himself through the mass of people.

You curse under your breath and you run again.
Tears blind you, but you know the way like the back of your hand.
There is only one place you can go now.
You turn left, then right and right again.
You slip into the dorm of Mary, not caring for any pleasantries.

"Dear lord, (y/n) ! Have you ever heard of knoc- (y/n) !" She smiles and stands up from her bed to hug you.
When she notices your tear-stained face, she stops and helps you to set down your bags.
"What happened ?" Mary asks, her voice calming you a bit.
You sob and stutter "Piers... he.. another girl.. he betrayed me !" And you cry hard while Mary just hugs you.

The door bursts open again and Mary pulls you back a bit.
"Have you se-" Piers begins, but is cut off by Mary.
"I think you should leave, Nivans." Mary hugs you while you sob into her shoulder.
"But I can explain-"
"I asked you to leave." Mary retorts.
"(y/n), please !" Piers tries to talk to you.
He is slightly out of breath and pants.
You shake your head and hug Mary a bit more to you.
Mary lets go of you and tells you to lay down on her bed.
You do as you are told and Mary walks out with Piers.
But not with him calling after you "(y/n), I love you !"

Which only makes you sob harder.

What can go wrong from now on ?
You lost your father, your mother is a psychopath and your boyfriend betrays you as soon as you are gone.

Maybe your mother was right; you should be dead.
This isn't a life worth living.

You look around the room, but you are stopped when Mary enters the dorm again.

She looks at you with a warm smile.
"He won't disturb us now. Now what exactly happened ?"
Sobbing, you sit up and tell her what happened.
"Oh my.." Is her reaction.
"I can't go back to our dorm. Not now."
"Of course, you can sleep here for as long as it takes. But you have to tell Mr. Redfield."
"I know..." you sigh.

Mary lays down next to you and you cuddle up to her, falling asleep with tears falling.

"Captain !" You salute when you enter.
Chris looks up and smiles at you.
Standing up, he rounds the table and hugs you.
It feels nice. Due to his large and well-built stature, it feels like heaven, a wall never to fall.
"What brings you here ?"

The following conversation takes all day; from your departure up to last night and today's morning.

"Oh my.." Is his reaction. Apparently no words can describe a coherent reaction.
"And.." You gather all your courage.

You can't stand this. You can't just continue, acting like nothing happened. Not here.

"That's why I wanted to ask for an immediate transfer." You look at him, trying to read his face.

"You know, I like you." And here goes your rejection.
"But considering the circumstances, I will transfer you."
You look at him in surprise.
"It hurts to let you leave Alpha, but I can't keep you here against your will. Do you have any idea on where you want to be transfered to ?" Chris asks.

Last night, you had enough time to think about your possibilities.
Hoping he will appreciate your idea you begin to explain.

"I would like to get a transfer to North America. Maybe I could guard your wife. Not that she couldn't do that herself, but you are here. I could be there immediately, help her with trivial things and I could train my healing skills."

Chris really seems to consider your idea. This is more than you ever dared to imagine. After all the shit you put him and Alpha through, you would have expected him to kick you out of his office right away.

"Alright."
"What ?" You stutter.
"I said 'alright'. I will contact Jill and set everything up. I think you can leave tomorrow morning. Is that okay ?"
You stand up and walk around the desk, hugging the air out of the bear.
"This is better than okay ! Thank you, for everything."
He chuckles "No problem."

You walk back to Mary's and pass the shooting range.
Of course Piers is scheduled for now.
You sneak up to your locker and get all your stuff inside.

Jogging to Mary's, you throw everything on the bed.
'If Piers is at the range, I can get my stuff from our dorm, too.' You think.

When you enter the dorm, all the memories hit you on full force.
Trying to keep yourself from crying, you walk to your closet and grab everything in it.

Walking to the bed, you see Piers' phone charging.
Unlocking it, you see the same wallpaper you have on your phone.
A lonely tear rolls down your cheek at the memory.
You put it back down and leave the dorm without looking back.

~~~

OMG I'm on fire xD

Another chapter for all you hungry souls :3

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter :D
Leave a Vote or Comment if you want to :)

See ya \(^o^)/