14. Wasting Time

After helping Jill back to her apartment, you return to your room, falling asleep immediately.
When you wake up, you decide to stay in bed for a bit longer.
You reach for your phone, checking your WhatsApp.
You are confused to see that Piers was online a few hours ago, yet he didn't text you.
Then you remember the bug on his phone, always showing random times. You want to text him so bad, but you know, as soon as he can, he will text you.
You text your brother on how about he feels about going sight seeing, like Leon suggested.
He responded with minor interest, but agreed anyways.
You meet up outside, meeting the poor guy carrying Leon's paper's to the next office.
Then you remember a quite important detail.
"How are we going to get to the sights ?" You ask. Your BSAA jeep was gone when you last looked.
Your brother shrugs, apparently still half asleep. At 1 P.M.
You groan and jog to Leon's office, knocking and entering.
"Hey.." You greet the blonde.
"Hi. What can I do for you ?" He smiles, a bit more awake than your brother.
"Unum...do you know how to get to the sights here ?"
"You have a driver's license ?"
You nod.
"You can use my jeep. It is known around the city and you will have no problems to get to your targets fast." He winks.
"Oh my god ! Are you sure you want to give the keys to me ?"
"Sure." He grins.
"Thank you." You grin back and take the keys.
You grab your brother and drag him to the parking lot.
You click the button on the car keys, catching sight of one jeep blinking.
You walk towards it.
Inside, it smells like coffee and gun metal.
Just because of curiosity, you open the backside, facing a shotgun and several handguns.
You snort and shake your head.
You get in the driver's seat and start the engine.
"I thought you hated the traffic here ?" Your brother says, slowly regaining consciousness.
"I hate crowds even more. And after the things I've heard about the subways here, I'll rather get stuck here again." You explain, already seeing the first traffic jam.
But suddenly, the cars move to the sides, creating a path for you to pass.
"Wow. I feel like god." You say, looking at the cars you pass.
"Shouldn't be something new to you." Your brother retorts.
"What's ? What do you mean ?"
"You can control water and any liquid. Sounds pretty godlike to me."
"Are you jealous ?" You ask, not trusting your ears.
"Why should I ?"
"You sound pretty jealous-like to me." You retort.
"Ughh...I don't know. The things you do are so awesome. You have a great job and a boyfriend and-"
"You have a great job too. And what about that nurse back in Edonia ?" You raise your eyebrow, glancing at him.
Your brother sighs and grins.
"I knew it !" You laugh.
You pull into a parking lot and walk towards the Washington Monument.
You sit down on the stairs, offering a cookie to your brother.
He takes an angry bite "This is a waste of time !" He yells, crumbs flying everywhere.
"I know, but what shall we do ?" You ask, taking a bite of your cookie.
"Can't we just drive to this place now ?"
"I thought I told you I don't know where it is neither how to get there."
"And a map ?"
"Do I have to remind you what happened when you had a map last time ?"
"Ha.....Ha.." He fake laughs and groans, leaning back.
"I know it is irritating. Having to wait, but I hope we will get there fast. Leon said the guys are pretty fast."
"Hope they didn't take a coffee break, then." Your brother murmurs, crossing his arms over his chest, closing his eyes.
"Hey, don't fall asleep on me." You smack him to keep him awake.
"Ouch..! Yeah yeah..." He murmurs.
Awkward silence settles down between you two.
You raise an eyebrow "By the way...What's it about that nurse ?"
Your brother's eyes crack open and he sits up immediately.
You smirk and lean back , crossing your arms over your chest, crossing your legs.
"I'm waiting..." You say.
"I tried to phone her, but it seems she gave me a wrong number. I don't know if she did it on purpose, but she did." He sighs, threading a hand through his hair.
"That's not cool. But how did you get to know her anyways ?"
"Do you remember that one evening when you woke me up with water bending ?"
You nod.
"The reason I slept in, was her. Around midnight, I heard something shatter. I woke up, while you probably still dreamed about your lover." He smirks at your red tinted cheeks.
"I walked outside and saw her standing in a puddle of liquids and shatter syringes. I offered to help her. And I did that until the sun rose. And that was 1 or 2 hours before you woke me up."
He finishes.
Your mouth forms into an understanding 'o'.
You are startled when your phone vibrates and you jump up.
Blocking the sun with your hand you check the caller ID.
You squeal and pick up.
"Piers !" You exclaim.
"Hey Baby.." He speaks. It is so good to finally hear his voice again.
"Oh god I'm so glad you made it." You say, the corners of your eyes stinging slightly.
"You have no idea how it feels to hear your voice, too." You can hear him smile.
Then he coughs a bit.
"Are you okay ?" You ask immediately.
"Yeah...fine. Just a bit smoke in my lungs..."
"Smoke ?" Your eyes widen.
"Yeah...when we got out of the area, there was a fire. Guess we were too close. The woman we found is worse."
"What woman ?" You ask in a suspicious voice.
"A hostage we brought in. Name's Ada Wong..." Piers informs you.
"Never heard of her...."
"Anyways, how have you been ?"
'Uggh, you know I had a nightmare where you were the walking and dead and killed me. Furthermore Jill had some issues with the baby. So, as you can see, everything's normal.' You think.
"I've been fine." You decide to say.
"I miss you." You add, really missing him.
"I miss you, too. It's so boring here. Especially without you. And Finn-"
"I know..." You cut him off laughing. You both chuckle at poor Finny.
"I have to hang up now. Doc is checking up on me."
"Okay...I love you..." You give a sad smile.
"I know, I love you, too. I can't wait to see you again." Your boyfriend promises.
"I can't either..."
"Love you."
"Love you, too."

~~~~

Oh look, a new chapter appears xD

I hope you liked it :3

See ya \(^o^)/