Prologue

1973

Aquila sniffled, her hands shaking as she packed away another one of her shirts, she hated this, leaving but she had to, to protect her fiancé, her brothers... herself.

The girl loved her family more than anything, but she couldn't agree with their views, she just couldn't, following in the footsteps of her older cousin she was leaving.

Her door creaked open and she defensively held up her wand, her brother stood in the door way, eyes tired looking back at her but he instantly jumped away when he saw her wand, holding his hands up in defence he backed away.

"Siri, you scared me."

"What are you doing?"

"I'm leaving."

"What?"

She quickly shushed him, making her case bigger with a spell so she could fit all of her belongings inside, "Is this for that Scamander boy?"

She sighed sitting on her bed and tapping the spot beside her, "I love him, Siri, I really do, but Mother and Father would never allow it, I have to leave."

He rested his head on her shoulder and she kissed his forehead, "I wasn't going to wake you, I was going to come see you a different day, to explain everything."

"Just promise I'll see you again."

"Of course you will!"

He nodded, happy with his answer, "Promise me something in return," He looked up and nodded instantly, "Take care of Reggie for me, okay?"

The door opened again revealing the small boy, he rubbed his eyes tiredly, a knitted blanket, given to him by Mrs. Scamander- which their parents didn't know about- clutched in his hands as he looks between his siblings and the case.

The eleven year old walked over settling himself beside his sister, "Are we going somewhere?"

She sighed sadly shaking her head, "No, Reggie, just me."

"Why?"

"Because I have to, Reggie, when you're older, you'll understand."

"What if I don't want you to leave?"

Aquila sighed and got off the bed to kneel in front of her two younger brothers, "Promise me, both of you, you will look after each other, and you'll owl me if anything goes wrong, anything."

They nodded at her stern voice which she never took. Aquila was the most loving out of all their family, always helping others, not caring about Andromeda's choices and still talking to her despite her banishment of the family.

"Here." She took her old leather jacket out of her wardrobe and then walked over to her desk where she dug around for something.

She handed Sirius the black leather jacket that he always seemed to try and steal whenever he was trying to act cool. He slipped it on, it being a little too big for him but he rolled up the sleeves and grinned happily.

Next she slipped an emerald green sweater over Regulus' head, it fell to his knees and the she had to roll the sleeves to where would've been her elbow for it to fit him.

Unlike his bog brother, Regulus always went for the softer clothes, often stealing his sister or brothers jumpers and woolly socks to keep warm in the winter. While Sirius stole his sister's leather jackets or band tees- the latter being almost too small on him to the point where he ripped her favourite shirt.

"I promise you both, I'm only an owl away."

1974

"What did you call her?" Sirius asked softly as he saw the new born girl.