Chapter 1

⭑ ⭒ ⭑ ⭒ The Order ⭑ ⭒ ⭑ ⭒

Charlie sighs as he takes another sip of coffee and places the empty cup onto the table, Bill sits opposite him a hand full of cards from their muggle game they had learned as kids.

Charlie has only been back about a day so far, he came home for the Order and is now staying at the Headquarters until he goes back to Romania.

"You know," Bill says thoughtfully as he places an ace onto the pile, "I met a very interesting girl at the last task for the Triwizard tournament."

Charlie hums not giving it much thought as he picks up a card from the deck, "Newt Scamander, the new Professor, very pretty girl, funny too."

The younger brother's eyes snap up to Bill and the latter grins triumphantly, "Oh, yes, that's it, she's the one you owled me about."

"What did you do?"

"Nothing, you're lucky Mum didn't know about her, she was a nice one, should've kept her."

Charlie scoffs, "She's not an object, Bill, besides, it wouldn't have worked out if I went back to Romania, especially since she loves her job, I couldn't expect her to pack up, and it was only a few dates, I don't even think it was actually a date," He turns pink when he looks up to see his brother's amused gaze, "I doubt I'll ever see her again, anyway."

"Oh, I think you'll be seeing her very soon."

"What-?"

Charlie is cut off as the front door bangs open followed by loud voices and the howling of the portrait, "Kreacher!" Sirius yells as he stomps into the kitchen grumpily, "Sort out that bloody portrait before I tare it off the wall with my teeth."

"Get back here," Another voice calls followed by hurried footsteps, "I'm not done with you yet!"

"It was just a walk, calm down."

"Calm down? Calm down! What if you were seen? What if they realised it was you, you can't, Siri, if I lose you again."

Sirius stops turning in the doorway blocking their view from the person behind him, "You won't, Pumpkin, they won't recognise me as a dog, I'm unregistered."

"I recognised you!"

"You've known me for years, that's not my fault." Seeing the hurt look on her face he sighs and pulls her into a hug, "I'm sorry?"

"Just, at least tell me or let me come with you, that way I can say you're one of mine, and Rocco can join too."

"Will do."

He pulls back ruffling Newt's hair and Charlie's eyes widen when he sees her, turning to his brother who is smirking to himself he sends him a glare and ducks his head down, Bill smiles to himself getting up and greeting Newt before leaving the kitchen.

Newt sighs throwing her jacket onto a chair and stopping in her tracks when her eyes meet a pair of familiar hazel ones, "Charlie?"

"Hey."

"What are you doing in my house?"

His brows shoot up and he stands from his seat, "Your house?"

"Yeah," She says nodding slowly, "You didn't know."

"No?" He says in a questioning tone, "I uh, joined the Order. Listen, Newt, I-"

She holds a hand out cutting him off, "I don't want to hear it, Charlie," She says firmly, "At first I let it off, I thought you must have been busy with the dragons so it just slipped your mind, then it had been a few days, few weeks, few months..."

"You didn't owl either."

"I didn't leave without saying a goodbye." She bites back.

The pair stand in silence for a moment, Newt staring at Charlie and him staring right back, neither of their stubborn personalities wanting to give in.

They both know they're in the wrong, Charlie knows he shouldn't have left without saying goodbye, and Newt knows she could have easily owled him too.

"Oh, Newt, dear," Molly says happily as she walks into the kitchen not realising the argument she interrupted, "I didn't hear you get home, I see you've met Charlie."

"Yes," She says bitterly, "We've met."

Charlie opens his mouth only to close it again as Newt smiles at Molly before leaving, "What did you do?" Molly orders.

Charlie sighs slumping back into his chair with a pout, "Messed up the only relationship I have had in almost five years." He mutters.