Chapter 2

⭑ ⭒ ⭑ ⭒ Injuries ⭑ ⭒ ⭑ ⭒

Newt sighs in relief as she touches the ground, she holds her hand out for Hermione helping the girl up as they race through the grass after Kingsley.

She stops only to be met with a wand pointing directly at her face making her step in front of Hermione, "The reason you got expelled."

"Remus-?"

"The reason?"

She sighs and looks down, "I almost killed someone." She says, her grip loosening on Hermione in case the girl wanted to step away.

Remus drops his wand and sighs in relief, "I'm sorry, I know you've only told few people that, I had to make sure it was you."

She nods, her gaze looking at her feet, "Where's Charlie?"

Remus looks down, his mouth opens but no words come out, "Remus? Where is he?"

He looks back at the house and she takes off in a run bursting through the door which startles the red headed family that are gathered around the sofa.

"Charlie?"

They part ways allowing her to kneel in front of him, George gets up from his spot patting her on the shoulder lightly before getting ushered out by his mother.

"How you feeling?"

Charlie groggily smiles lifting his hand to rest on her cheek, "Amazing."

She smiles softly her own hand resting atop of his, "What happened?"

"Did my job," He says simply, "Protected the Harry."

She shakes her head softly pushing the hair from his eyes, "You'll get yourself killed one day."

"If it means protecting you I don't care."

She leans forward and places her lips on his, she pulls back and goes back to gently stroking his forehead.

"Sing to me." He requests shifting slightly and groaning.

She leans forward quickly helping him turn onto his side, she sits up and takes the empty spot trapping him between the sofa and herself as he circles his one arm around her waist to hold her there.

She moves her hand to the back of his head wrapping a curl around her finger and letting it uncurl itself again as she begins to hum an old lullaby from her childhood, she doesn't remember much of her mother, just this one song she'd always sing to her.

An old muggle song from a movie her mother loved.

"Baby mine, don't you cry,
Baby mine, dry your eyes.
Rest your head close to my heart,
Never to part, baby of mine."

"You do realise I'm not a baby, right?"

Charlie asks peeking one eye open to look at her, she shrugs, "You asked me to sing, guess I'll stay silent."

"No, no, no, keep going."

"Little one, when you play,
Pay no heed what they say.
Let your eyes sparkle and shine,
Never a tear, baby of mine...

~~~~~

Molly smiles as she enters the living room to find the young couple, Charlie lies with his back against the back of the sofa, his arms warped tightly around Newt's frame holding her close, his hands fisted around the large dragon sweater she wears as her own hands hold his face against her chest.

Clapping her hands together lightly she goes back into the kitchen leaving them to rest as she forbids the rest of the house-including the couple to be married in a few hours- to enter the living room.

"Mum, I'm getting married in five hours, I need to get outside."

"William Weasley, if you step foot in there and disturb them I will personally-"

"Why are you threatening the groom, Mum?" Charlie asks as he limps into the kitchen.

"Oh, Charlie, dear," Mrs. Weasley says feeling guilty that she probably woke him up, "How are you feeling, dear?"

"Pretty good, the potion helped." He says pouring himself a cup of tea.

Newt yawns as she walks into the kitchen next, placing a kiss on Charlie's cheek and greeting the other two Weasley's before retreating upstairs to get ready for the day.

Charlie grins nodding goodbye as he follows her up, a slight limp in his walk from the injury.

He kicks open his door closing it behind him and walks over to where Newt stands in front of the large mirror, he wraps his arms around her, bringing her into his chest and kissing her on the cheek.

"Hello, love."

She smiles interlocking their fingers and leaning into him, "You saw me not even ten seconds ago, Charlie." She says quietly.

He shrugs placing a kiss on her shoulder where the sweater falls revealing her pale skin.

"This will be our special day soon."

"Your brother is just about to get married, let him have his day before you go planning ours."

"What if we didn't have a bid wedding?" He asks.

She looks to meet his eyes in the mirror and brings their conjoined hands up to kiss them, "I wouldn't care if we got married on a boat in the middle of a storm with my crazy dead grandmother as the marriage officiant, as long as it's you I'm marrying."

"How about it?" She raises a brow asking for him to explain further, "What if it was just me and you, we could elope, there's a place near the sanctuary in Romania."

She turns in his hold and grins up at him, "It's a date. However," She hums, "If Molly finds out, I'm blaming you."

He nods kissing her on the cheek quickly and smiling, "I'd take the fall if it meant being with you forever."