Chapter 2

⭑ ⭒ ⭑ ⭒Recruitment⭑ ⭒ ⭑ ⭒

"Oh, Sparrow, there you are." Newt jumps the files she was shoving into her satchel almost fly everywhere as she reaches for them.

"What are you doing here, I thought you left?"

"I wanted to walk you, I needed to tell you something," She raises a brow asking for him to continue, "You'll be having a visitor, an old friend, very soon."

"What? Grandad! Wait!" Newt sighs watching as he grandfather disappears with a smirk.

"An old friend of his? I didn't know he had nay friends beside Uncle Jacob."

"That's where you're wrong, Miss. Scamander."

Newt yelps turning to see a very familiar face, "Professor?"

Dumbledore smiles warmly looking at her through his half-mooned glasses, "It's been a while, Miss. Scamander."

"What are you doing here?"

She looks around the street, Muggles send weird looks to the Professor's clothing, he holds his arm out and she raises a brow before taking his arm and Apparating away.

She stumbles and quickly stands up catching her breath, she looks over the edge of the tall building and shakes her head to herself, "You always were a dramatic one, Professor."

He smiles and casts a charm covering them from anyone who could be watching, "I suspect you're wondering why I'm here?"

She nods shoving her hands into her coat pocket, "Yeah, that'd be a good start, or maybe why we're on a roof?"

"You know, Miss. Scamander, you were the best student Slytherin had seen in a very long time, top of all your classes, Keeper for the Quidditch team, never gave up, always there for your friends."

"Uh, thank you?"

"Yet you waste your talents in an office working just so one day you may get the chance at a job, I admire you truly, I do."

Her shoulders sag lightly, "How would you like a job, Miss. Scamander?"

"A job?"

He nods turning to look at her, "Yes, a new job, I suppose," He turns back to look at the view of London, "As a Professor, you can do your research too."

"A-A Professor? Sir, I didn't even finish school myself-"

"What happened was not your fault, remember that." She sighs rubbing her arms, "So?"

"What kind of Professor?"

"Oh, I think you'll enjoy this type of Professor."

~~~~~

"Miss. Goldstein! Miss. Goldstein!"

"Yes, sir?"

Newt smiles sweetly turning to look at her boss as she carries a box through the offices, Pickett rests on her shoulder holding onto her hair as to not fall, "Where are you going?"

"Oh," She says pointing a finger into the air as if she'd remembered something, "I'm quitting."

"What?"

She nods handing over the files signed by The Minister, "Mr. Fudge signed my papers, the files are on your desk, oh, am I forgetting something... oh yes, I've gotten permission to go abroad for research too."

"Wait! Miss. Goldstein!"

"It's Scamander! Newton Sparrow Scamander!"