Chapter 5

⭑ ⭒ ⭑ ⭒ Battle ⭑ ⭒ ⭑ ⭒

Remus apparates into the cottage of the Scottish mountains, bursting through the door he startles the couple, "It's time."

They look at each other nodding as Charlie rushes into their bedroom to pull on a proper shirt and grab his wand, grabbing her own wand Newt slips on her boots and meets them at the door.

"No-"

"Charlie-"

"This is going to be dangerous."

He steps forward cupping her cheek and she nods, "I know, Charlie, but they're going to need all the help they can get."

He sighs and looks back at the open door, Remus having already apparated away to the school, "Please, just stay here. What about-?"

"She'll be fine."

"But-"

"She'll be okay, Charlie, Regulus is here, and we have to go, they need us more right now."

He sighs nodding and grips her hand, the pair apparate away from their home to Hogwarts where the Order are waiting outside the Great Hall.

They walk in behind the Order listening to Harry talk to Snape, the new Hogwarts headmaster, "It seems, despite your exhaustive defensive strategies, you still have a security problem, Headmaster. I'm afraid it's quite extensive. Tell them how it happened that night! Tell them how you looked a man in the eye, a man who trusted you and killed him!"

There's a duel between McGonagall and Snape resulting in Snape Apparating away as the hall cheers.

Lifting her wand Minerva lights up the flames in the hall, suddenly, a scream comes from the Hufflepuff side of the room as people rush towards her.

"I know that many of you will want to fight. Some of you might even think to fight is wise. But this is folly. Give me Harry Potter. Do this and none shall be harmed. Give me Harry Potter, and I shall leave Hogwarts untouched. Give me Harry Potter, and you will be rewarded. You have one hour."

"What're you waiting for? Someone grab him!"

"Students out of bed! Students out of bed! Students in the corridor." Filch yells as he comes running in with high knees.

Newt attempts to walk over to Ginny to check on her but gets brought back as Charlie is still holding onto her hand, "Charlie," She says softly placing her free hand on his chest making him look down at her, "I'll be okay."

"But-"

"You can't protect me forever, Charlie, we have other priorities now."

He leans his forehead against hers and she wraps her arms around his waist, "I'll be okay."

"Be safe."

"I'm literally going three feet away, you'll be okay."

He rolls his eyes slightly and leans down to kiss her quickly letting her walk to his younger sister.

Charlie watches her as she walks away, his eyes staying on her even when Ginny catches him and flips him off, he just smiles sweetly before looking back to Newt.