Chapter 3

⭑ ⭒ ⭑ ⭒ Stuck in his Thoughts ⭑ ⭒ ⭑ ⭒

Charlie couldn't stop thinking about the kiss. It replays in his head over and over as he tries to savour the last of the feeling.

Her lips were warm and soft and he can still taste the cherry of her lip balm and smell the minty freshness of her breath.

Sitting in the old run down arm chair in the living room his eyes are fixated on the dying fire in front of him as his father and Bill talk on the other side of him.

Arthur says goodbye, his brows furrowing when his second eldest doesn't say a thing. Giving another goodbye he leaves, soon followed by Bill leaving only Remus, Sirius, Charlie and Newt.

The latter is upstairs while Sirius and Remus sit in the kitchen.

"Right, we're off!" Sirius calls up the stairs, he receives a noise of acknowledgment from above but once again nothing from the red head.

"Oh, Charlie, boy," Sirius sings placing a hand on his shoulder and making him jump from his day dreams, "Remus and I are off to meet Mad-Eye and Kingsley, we'll be back by the time your mother and the others arrives."

He nods and waves goodbye listening to their voices fade away the further away they walk from the house.

A series of curses comes from upstairs followed by a crashing and suddenly Charlie realises he isn't alone, he has been left in the house with Newt.

He gets up quickly and straightens out his clothes before practically sprinting up the stairs, he stops outside her door which is slightly open, he can see her messy hair as she leans over her desk writing into her note book.

He lifts his hand to knock on the door and it hovers for a few moments, watching her as Rocco jumps up settling on her lap he takes a step back and sighs shaking his head.

He's the one who said they shouldn't, he's the one who couldn't admit his feelings, stepping away from the door completely he sighs and walks back down the stairs.

Sighing to himself and his idiotic decisions he rubs a hand up and down his face before going back down the very creaky stairs.

~~~~~

At dinner Charlie can't take his gaze away from the girl who talks happily with her uncle at the other end of the table, Bill chats away with Arthur who has come around before he goes back to the Burrow, Mrs. Weasley is bring the entire red headed family over tomorrow where they'll stay until they go back to Hogwarts.

Arthur and Bill laugh at a joke the father had just told and both look to Charlie who is distractedly poking at his food, "Charlie? Charlie!"

He jolts out of his day dream of himself and Newt's moment from a few hours ago, "Yeah?" His cheeks are tinted a light red and he rubs his clammy hands on his jeans.

"You feeling okay there?" Bill asks putting a hand against his forehead making him hit it away.

"Feeling just fine, Bill, why?"

Arthur eyes his son for a moment, "You just seem a little out of it," Bill shrugs, "Right dad?"

"Are you sure you're alright, son?"

Charlie nods and takes a long sip of his water hoping they'll drop the subject.

Arthur does as he happily talks of his new American plug he had gotten that is different from the others in his collection, Remus listens as he is the only one who seems at least a little interested in the man's rambling.

Bill nudges his little brother with a suggestive grin making Charlie mutter under his breath, "Don't start, Bill."

"I didn't say anything!"

"You were thinking it." Charlie grumbles.

"I didn't say anything."