Chapter 12

⭑ ⭒ ⭑ ⭒ Hospital Visits ⭑ ⭒ ⭑ ⭒

The Weasley family and the Order were overjoyed with the news of Arthur's recovery, he would be allowed out of the hospital in just a few days meaning he'll be home in time for Christmas.

"So I said to him, I knew a werewolf- didn't say who of course."

Newt smiles as Mr. Weasley tells the story happily chewing away on some muggle sweets the couple had stopped to buy on their way.

"And what did he say, Dad?" Charlie asks leaning further back into the chair.

"Said if I didn't shut up I'd get another bite."

Arthur chuckles to himself adding another sweet into his mouth as he reads the Daily Prophet.

Newt feels a hand rest on her thigh and she quickly looks to the door where Moody and Molly stand outside talking, "Charlie, not here." She whispers desperately.

He removes his hand looking back at his mother who is nodding at Mad-Eye as she walks in to see Arthur, "Charlie, dear, you won't mind watching the kids tonight would you? I just don't want to leave your father for another night."

"Don't worry, Mrs. Weasley, we're right on it." Newt says giving the woman a quick hug and saying goodbye to Arthur. Charlie doing the same before following after her.

"Are we going to tell them?" Charlie whispers, his hand brushing hers as they walk side by side.

She shakes her head, "Charlie, your father just got attacked, we can't exactly show up and be like 'Hey, guys, we know Arthur just almost died, but good news, we're dating, yay!'."

Charlie rolls his eyes but a smile plays on his lips, "Why not?"

"It's selfish."

"Selfish?"

"Yes, very, we'll be stealing his thunder."

"His thunder?" She nods manoeuvring her way onto the muggle streets, "His thunder of not being dead?" Again she nods grabbing his hand as he sighs, "Remind me why we have to come this way again?"

"Because, if we walk the muggle way we can be a couple, these people can't rock up to headquarters and be like, 'Charlie and Newt are dating'!"

She gets a few weird stares as she exclaims loudly making Charlie chuckle and wrap an arm around her waist, "Okay then, what do muggle couples do?"

She sighs thinking as they glance around the streets, "I don't know." She admits after a while.

Letting out another loud laugh that grabs the attention of a few bystanders he shakes his head, red head flopping everywhere as he does, "Well then, love, I guess we'll have to do non muggle couple things instead."

"Charlie," She hisses, "Shh, there's people around."

He shrugs, "And? I want people to know I have the best woman in the world!"

"Charlie! You know that's not what I'm talking about." She rolls her eyes hitting his chest with the back of her hand.

"Well, look at these people, they could do with a little magic." He grins and she giggles covering it with her hand.

"What do you think they'd say if we just apparated? Right here?"

He leans down to whisper into her ear sending chills down her spine, "They'd be thinking 'what on Earth have I eaten today'?"

~~~~~

"Merry Christmas, Newt."

Newt smiles to herself, cuddling further into the warmth of the blankets trying to escape the cold Romania winter, "Merry Christmas, Charlie."

She yawns and moves closer to him savouring his warm touch, he kisses her on the forehead, the stubble on his chin ticking her nose making her giggle and slowly crack open one eye.

"I got you something." He gets up grabbing a small wrapped present and Newt grabs the one she had got for him too.

She thrusts his present into his arms smiling giddily as she does, "Open mine first."

He takes it and slowly unwraps it to reveal a leather bracelet with a dragon charm that moves as if it's real. "It's charmed," She says helping him clasp it on his wrist, "Whenever you're in danger you just say the magic word and I'll know."

"What's the magic word?"

"Trition."

"Trition?"

She nods, "It means Newt in French," He chuckles and she holds her hands up in defence, "Be real with me now, Charlie, you're never going to say that word randomly in conversation are you?" He shrugs and she takes out her wand, "Just don't going say it when I active it now, okay?"

"Yes," He leans forward and places a kiss on her lips, "Thank you, love."

He reaches behind him and grabs the small box handing it over with a smile.

She tares open the terrible wrapping and opens up the box to reveal a beautiful necklace.

It's a small locket with an image of her parents on their wedding day smiling at each other with a baby Newt in her father's arms, smiling softly at the locket she carefully takes it out of the box, "It's beautiful, Charlie."

"Here." He takes it from her and turns her around. His warm hands move her hair away as he clasps the necklace around her neck moving her hair again to fall down her back.

The necklace rests on her bare chest and her hand goes up to touch it, smiling fondly as she lets it fall back down she wraps her hands around his neck pulling him to meet her lips.

He sits up, moving so she's on her back and he is above her, he peppers kisses across her face, neck and collarbone, finally he comes back up to meet her eye, "Merry Christmas."