Chapter 5

⭑ ⭒ ⭑ ⭒ Quiet Mornings ⭑ ⭒ ⭑ ⭒

Newt sighs in content as Charlie pulls her closer, her bare back hits against his chest as he rests his chin on her shoulder. She giggles as the stubble on his chin tickles her neck, turning in his hold she smiles at him, "Good morning."

"Morning." He replies his voice husky and full of sleep.

He leans forward placing a kiss on her nose and she leans into him closing her eyes.

Giving off another sighs she pats him on the chest and nods towards her bed room door, "I don't want to move." He complains stretching out and being her even closer towards him.

"You have to, Charlie, don't want your mother walking in on us now, do we?"

The pair have decided to keep whatever this is between them for now, with Charlie going back to Romania towards the end of the summer and Newt going to Hogwarts they'll only be able to see each other a few times, weekend that's she's not needed and those random weekdays he can get a few hours off.

"Charlie." She whispers softly pushing the hair out of his face, he hums in response lifting her hand to place a kiss on the back of it.

"Fine," He grumbles pulling himself out of the bed and slipping on his printed dragon pyjama bottoms, "I'll see you downstairs in a few, unless you want a round four?" He wiggles his brows and winks she just rolls her eyes and pushes him away.

He tosses her the shorts from the floor, she quickly pulls them on and then slides on one of her old jumpers from her school days.

She stands up stretching her hands above her head as Charlie places one last quick kiss on her lips.

There's a knock on her door and the handle begins to turn, their eyes widen and she shoves him behind an old fashioned room divider that sits in the corner.

"Hey, Newt." Ginny greets as she walks in, "I hope I didn't wake you, Mum sent me up, asked if you wanted to go to the meeting tonight."

Newt smiles at Ginny, discreetly casting a glance to the white room divider, "Yeah, tell her I'll be there, I'll see you later, okay, Ginny? Got some work to do."

Ginny nods smiling one last time before closing the door, "I'm pretty sure she likes you more than she likes me."

Newt shrugs with a smug grin, "I am a very likeable person."

He rolls his eyes and sends her a wink before checking if the coast is clear and disappearing down the hallway.

~~~~~

Newt has been in a bad mood for the past several hours.

After finding out Dumbledore wants Charlie back in Romani within a week she had been in a sour mood. Of course, she had to act like it didn't much affect her as they still are the only two people who know of their relationship. Besides Rocco of course.

The couple lay in Newt's bedroom, her bedroom inside her magical case for a little more privacy with the house now full since Hermione and Tonks have both been over the past few days.

Charlie lays with his head resting on his arm as he studies her face, Newt traces patters on his back and he sighs, "A Grindylow?"

"Nope."

Again she draws the patter grinning when Charlie hits his head into the pillow out of frustration, "A... Mooncalf?"

"Nope." She says grinning and making sure to pop the 'p'.

He groans in frustration and hits his head against the pillow again muffling his mumblings, "Come on, Charlie, you work with these."

"A dragon?"

"What type?"

"A Hungarian Horntail."

"Yes!" She cheers placing a kiss on his cheek.

He smiles turning to face her and gesturing for her to roll over, "My turn."

"Charlie, I'm pretty sure you can't even draw."

He acts offended and turns her around, his hands move the hair from her back and begins to draw an animals making her shake her head, "A Ukrainian Ironbelly?"

"Nope- How did you-?"

She shrugs and turns back around pulling the sheets up to her neck and shifting closer to him for warmth. "Do you have to leave so early?"

He sighs kissing her on the forehead and resting his chin on her head, his arms circle around her back bringing her in closer, "I'm afraid so, love, but it wot be for long, a week until you're back teaching and then two months until the first day we can visit each other."

"I'll be counting down."

"Me too."