Chapter 13

⭑ ⭒ Department of Mysteries ⭑ ⭒

When Newt received a rushed out note from her uncle this morning she left in a rush leaving behind a note for Charlie who had left early to sort the Dragon's.

Wand tight in her grasp, she now rushes to the Ministry through the Muggle streets where she can see her purple haired friend waiting with the other Order members.

"Someone tell me what the hell is going on."

"The Prophecy." Is the only two words Remus can rush out before they're all Apparating into the Department of Mysteries.

"Get away from my godson." Sirius says before punching Lucius Malfoy in the face.

Newt apparates beside the Death Eater that holds Hermione, sending a spell at him she catches Hermione before she can fall to the floor and guides her towards a large rock where a few of the others are already.

"Stay here." She orders them sternly before running off towards a Death Eater.

Firing spell after spell she ducks to doge a curse getting sent right here her head was moments ago.

Her wand gets knocked from her hand and she goes to the muggle way, sending a fist into the man's face she lifts her hand up knocking away his wand.

He jabs her in the stomach and grabs her hair pulling her backwards in order to hit her in the face.

She lifts her hands hitting him away and kicks his feet from under him, she dives rolling over and collecting her wand before hitting him with another spell causing him to roll back.

He gets to his feet again but a quick spell sent by her uncle keeps him down, Sirius nods at her and she smiles back.

Getting to her feet she spits away the blood in her mouth, and wipes her nose with the back of her hand.

She turns, just in time to see something she never thought she would.

A spell hits Sirius in the chest and he stumbles backwards gasping as the archway in the middle of the room claims him.

"Siri!" She yells out, the pain in her voice making several Order members follow her gaze towards her uncle. "Siri!" She yells again running towards the arch way as Harry attempts to reach for him.

Every cell in her body screams for her to stop as spells hit her running frame, but all she can do is keep running across the room.

Her heart tells her to dive in after him, to grab his hand and pull him back, but her head tells her to grab Harry, to protect the boy as he now has no family left.

She lets her head win, wrapping her arms around Harry as he screams out for Sirius, she pulls him back willing away the tears, "Harry, please, Harry, w-we can't save him."

He struggles against her tight hold trying his hardest to break free as he catches sight of Bellatrix, "Harry-Harry, no, please, just-"

He hits Newt back taking off after the Witch as Newt stays staring at the arch way wishing she could give her Uncle one last hug.

~~~~~

With a pop Charlie apparates into the garden of the Burrow, he rushes inside only to be met with a few solemn faces, but not the one he's looking for.

Molly rushes over wrapping her arms around him, "Oh, Charlie, dear, it's Sirius," She sighs looking down, "He's gone."

"Where is she?" He asks, breathing heavily and looking around, "Where's Newt?"

Molly gestures her head up the stairs and pushes him towards them. Not needing to be told twice he quickly runs up reaching his and Bill's shared room.

She's sat on his bed, head in her hands and eyes staring at the floor, he takes careful steps towards her and drops to his knees.

Her face is coated in blood, a steady flow still dripping from her broken nose, "Epsikey." He whispers pointing his wand at her nose.

She closes her eyes tight groaning under her breath and moves her nose a little but still makes no move to do anything else.

"Newt, love?"

"Charlie?"

Her eyes look up as if just registering he is there, she smiles, a small forced smile, the unshed tears in her eye catch the light of the stars.

He places a hand on her cheek, his thumb rubbing small circles as his other hand rests on her knee. "Charlie." She says again falling into him and wrapping herself around him as she finally let's go.

Sobbing loudly into his chest, arms wrapped around his neck and legs around his waist as his hands go to her head and lower back steadying her as her cries grow louder.

"I'm here, love, I'm here."