Chapter 3

⭑ ⭒ ⭑ ⭒ Weddings ⭑ ⭒ ⭑ ⭒

Newt fixes her green dress trying to reach for the zipper at the back but groaning when her fingers only graze it. "Need some help, love?"

She turns to see Charlie leaning against the door frame in his wedding suit, a green tie that matches her dress standing out against the white shirt.

She nods turning for him to do up the dress. His cold fingers meet her lower back as they travel up and then they move her hair away, she reaches up taking her hair into her hands and holding it out of the way.

He leans forward and kisses her shoulder gently sending shivers down her spine, "Charlie..." She whispers warningly feeling him smirk against her skin.

He grabs the zip slowly bringing it up as he moves his mouth to leave kisses on her neck and below her ear.

"Charlie," She says again still in a whisper, "If you keep touching me like that, we're not going to make it to your brother's wedding."

He takes a step back allowing her to turn and face him, he takes her in slowly looking her up and down, he smiles and leans forward kissing her on the lips this time, "You look beautiful."

She smiles taking his outstretched hand as they walk down the stairs together and into the tent where they watch the service take place.

Charlie grins as he walks over to Newt with his hand outstretched in front of him, she raises a brow and he grabs her hand pulling her up and towards the dance floor.

"Wait, Charlie, you know I don't like dancing."

"Come on," He whines wrapping his arms around her waist, "Unless you want another lovely conversation with Aunt Tessie."

"Dancing it is." She says spinning him around causing him to let out a loud laugh that grabs the attention of a few people.

He twirls her around so her back is against his chest and he rests his head on her shoulder so he can whisper into her ear, "September 12th."

"What's that?"

"Our wedding day," He says making her turn to face him, "There's a small church five minutes away from the sanctuary, they have a space open, I got it for us."

"And you're sure you don't mind this? I mean you have a big family, Charlie-"

"I'm positive, love, unless you don't want to, if you want a big wedding then-"

"No," She interrupts cupping his cheeks, "I don't care, as long as we get married I could care less if the ring bearer was a Hebridean Black."

"I'm going to pretend you didn't say that." Charlie whispers leaning down to kiss her.

Their moment is interrupted as a Patronus flies into the tent causing the guests to fall back, Charlie pushes Newt behind him as the Patronus begins to talk, "The Ministry has fallen, The Minister is dead. They are coming... They are coming..." Kingsley's voice echoes.

Guests shriek and scream as they run around, Death Eaters fly into the tent smashing glasses and casting spells that destroy the place.

"Newt!" Charlie yells when he feels her slip out of his grip only to find her running towards Tonks to help the woman fight off a Death Eater.

Charlie casts a spell over his shoulder as he runs towards her grabbing her hand and pulling her towards him, "Don't ru- Stupefy! Don't run off like that." He scolds as if she was a child.

"I'm helping!" She yells back, "Protego!"

She ducks taking Charlie down with her as a jet of fire washes over their heads, "Charlie!" Remus yells over the noise, "Get her out of here!"

"What?" Charlie calls back sending a spell at a Death Eater that tries to sneak up on them.

"Get Newt out of here... safe house!"

Charlie nods grabbing Newt's hand and Apparating away.

They stumble up a hill, the pair falling onto a pad of fresh grass, Newt sits up looking around wildly, "Where are we? Where are you, are the others okay? Wha- Charlie? Charlie!"

She runs over to him and shakes him, he quickly sits up and whips his wand out putting it down when he sees who it is.

He falls back against the grass panting heavily as he stares at the blanket of stars above him, "You okay?"

"Yeah." She nods breathlessly lying beside him.

"Why did Remus want you out so quick?" He asks looking over at her.

"Charlie, we need to talk..."

"Newton?"