Prologue

An eleven year old boy and his new found friend entered the train. He wore round glasses and his hair was all messed up, his friend's hair was long, reaching just past his shoulders in a carefree way. They sighed after looking into another full compartment.

"First year and we already can't find a compartment." James, the brunette, said.

Sirius, the darker haired boy, grinned when he ran further up spotting an empty compartment beside a small blonde that sat inside. Her hair was in a frizzy mess falling over her shoulders, a box of fudge sat open beside her as her feet rested on the seat opposite her.

"Mind if we sit?"

Not taking her nose away from the Muggle book in her hands she moved her feet allowing the two boys to take up the seat opposite her. James shot a glance at Sirius as he slowly slid closed the door.

The two boys sat in the seat opposite the blonde awkwardly shuffling to get comfy. "Fudge?" The girl questions holding out the tray.

James politely declined while Sirius shoved a piece into his mouth with a thankful grin, "I'm Sirius. Sirius Black. This is James Potter."

"Annabelle McGonagall."

She finally lowered her book and smiled at the pair, Sirius stared into her deep blue eyes for a moment and James nudged him with a small girlish giggle.

After a while of talking their topic turned to Hogwarts and the school houses, "I come from a long line of lions, hope to be put there just like my parents." James said proudly puffing out is chest.

"I come from a line of Slytherin's," Sirius admits quietly, "But I hope to break that line. My family's big on 'purity'," Clearing his throat he makes his voice a high pitched shrill voice, "Sirius Orion Black, you shall come down here with your pure-blood family and discuss the meaning of what it is to be a cold hearted wanker."

Annabelle giggled and shook her head, "What about you, Annie?" James questioned, using the newly made nickname he has 'claimed'.

"Well, I'm half and half. My mums a witch but my dad's a muggle. I guess I'd like to be in Gryffindor, just like mum, but I'm cool with anything." She shrugged.

"Anything?" James echoed receiving a nod from the blonde.

She grabbed her book again, curling up into the wall beside her to continue her reading.

~~~~~

"Sirius Black!"

Annabelle gave an encouraging nudge to the dark haired boy beside her, he gulped and slowly walked forward. His cousin, Narcissa who was now in her sixth year offered a smile from the Slytherin table.

The hat was placed on his head and he kept his eyes on his two new friends the entire time, not daring to look at any of his other relatives.

"Gryffindor!"

Sirius breathed a sigh of relief handing the hat back to Professor McGonagall, he winked at Annabelle and James as he passed.

"James Potter!"

Annabelle patted his shoulder as he passed for his turn, before the hat was placed on his head it screamed out loudly, "Gryffindor!"

A few more people were called until finally, "Annabelle McGonagall!"

Sirius and James gave encouraging thumbs up before whispering to the new friend they had made about how she is their friend. Her eyes travelled further up the table toward her older brother, Alexander, who smiled at her, the boy was in his third year.

"Hmm," That hat said as it was placed on her head, "A courageous young woman you will turn out to be, loyal to your newfound friends, and a thirst for knowledge. All right... Gryffindor!"

She smiled brightly and ran to the table quickly taking up the spot made for her between James and Sirius. "Annie, this is Remus." James introduced the shy brunette opposite her.

She smiled at him and turned to the pudgy boy beside him, "And that's Peter."