Chapter 3

"You're really going to leave me? All alone?" Sirius whines as he curls up on Annabelle's bed. James sits on the edge of the bed watching the girl pin up her hair in the mirror stuck to the wall.

"Yes." She says making James snicker and Sirius kick him in the side.

"Maybe if you just skipped." He suggests.

She put in the last pin and shakes her head, "Maybe if you actually studied you could come to these sorts of things."

He huffs, "It's not fair, why can't he go with someone else and I come with you?"

"I'm going to wait with Remus while you sort out the baby." She nods and grabs her shoes from the side of her bed.

Sirius leans over the edge of the bed to look up at her with a pout as he flutters his lashes at her, she shakes her head and giggles before pushing his head back, "If we want our plan to work out, James has to come the party tonight. Just go with one of the many girls lining up for you."

He rolls his eyes and flops back down onto the bed grabbing one of her stuffed animals, a black dog, the stuffed animal makes him grin as he wraps his arms around it.

"Fine," He huffs, "But, I'm staying here and you can tell me everything when you get back."

"I have roommates." She says pointing to the other three beds that belong to Marlene, Lily and Alice.

He shrugs, "Frank's going out with Alice, like we planned, Marlene has a date with a Ravenclaw and if our plan goes right, Lily will have herself a nice lengthy conversation with James."

Rolling her eyes she pats his head as she passes, "Whatever, see you, Paddy."

Sirius falls back and snuggles into her pillows as he stares at the ceiling.

~~~~~

The Slug Club party wasn't very fun, Remus actually had a date with a cute Hufflepuff, James was busy fawning over Lily, and Lily was busy ignoring James. Leaving Annabelle sitting in the corner, however, a Ravenclaw boy did catch her attention, sending her glances across the room. To which she, obliviously, returned with a small smile.

Kicking off her shoes she walks up the stairs towards her dorm where she finds Sirius asleep, curled into himself with his hands still clutched around the black dog.

"Paddy."

Nothing.

"Paddy."

Nothing.

"Pads!"

With a roll of her eyes she rubs her eyes and pushes him over to the other side of the bed, she slips into the bed not even bothering to take off her makeup or to put on her pyjamas.

Grabbing the book from her bedside table she begins to read a few chapters.

On her third chapter she hears a small whimpering sound, Sirius shifts next to her as he mutters under his breath.

Her brows furrow when he lays still again, his knuckles turning white from the strength of his grip of the teddy, "Paddy." She whispers softly nudging him.

He begins to toss and turn, placing her book down beside her she shakes him gently until he gasps and sits upright.

He rubs a hand down his sweaty face and shakes his head, his wild dark hair becomes even more shaggy looking. "Hey, Paddy, you're okay." She says softly.

He flinches when her hand falls to his shoulder making her quickly take it back, "Pads, what's wrong?"

He clears his throat and pulls himself out of the bed, "I-I...uh... I just had a dream, I've got to go, tell me about everything tomorrow."

Before she can object to anything he's running out of the room, the teddy still clutched in his hand as it's his only source of comfort.

Sirius runs a hand through his hair as he repeats the nightmare over in his head.

"Belle, please, just go."

"No, Paddy, I'm not leaving you."

Sirius sighs and grabs her hand with a roll of his eyes, he pushes her behind him using his wand to block an attack.

The the attacker comes closer, his eyes widen when he sees his father and mother, the pair of them looking at them as if they're filth. "Sirius Orion Black! Hanging out with a filthy Half-blood! A disgrace to the wizarding world!"

Annabelle squeezes his hand tighter and he gulps. Everything happens so fast, one moment he and Annabelle are fighting back to back. The next moment his parents have left and Annabelle's laying on the ground beneath his feet.

"Belle?"

He kneels beside her brining her head into his lap, "B-Belle?"

"Paddy?" The weak voice answered.

Sirius moves the blonde hair from her face as blood spits from her mouth, "W-Wait..."

"I'm s-sorry." She splutters.

"No, B-Belle, please. I-I lo-"

"Padfoot? What did you do to Annie?"

Sirius looks up to see James standing with his wand pointed at Sirius, he shakes his head quickly standing to face his friend, "Prongs, please, you have to help, m-my parents, they-"

"No," James interrupts, "You did this, you betrayed us, you killed her."

"N-No, I didn't, James please."

"You alright, mate?" James asks as he enters the dorm.

Sirius snaps out of his trance and looks up to see his concerned best friend, he nods and climbs into his bed pulling the covers over himself.