Chapter 15

10 Months Later

"Now, I'm not saying you have to fight, it will be dangerous, most of you will not survive, some of you will lose a lot, but we can make it a safer place, a safer world, for your children, grandchildren, for witches, wizards, muggles, everyone around the world. So, who would like to join the Order?"

Without missing a beat Annabelle is on her feet, glancing around she realises she's the only one so far, Sirius sticks his head high in the air and stands taking his girlfriend's hand and giving it a reassuring squeeze.

James and Lily stand next, followed by Remus, the others in the room are still a little timid.

"You guys might be scared, okay, we get it, we've all been there, but this, Voldemort is only getting stronger, we can't stand around. We can't allow him to ruin the lives of us, how will our children live in a world with people like him? How can we raise them to be the brilliant ones we know they can be if Death Eaters take over the lessons? Come on, do the right thing."

Sirius grins proudly at his girlfriend and places a kiss on the back of her hand.

Alice stands with a large smile, soon followed by Frank and then all the others that are currently in Dumbledore's office.

"You can sign up here, but I warn you, it will be dangerous."

~~~~~

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, Mum."

"Are you positive?"

"Yes, Mum, I'm completely positive, okay?"

"We'll be fine, Minnie, besides, no one will dare hurt her when I'm around." Sirius says wrapping an arm around Annabelle's waist.

McGonagall sighs and rolls her eyes turning away from them to hide the growing smile, "I have no doubt about that, Mr. Black. Just be careful, both of you."

They both nod and take the teacher into a hug, "I'll owl you." Annabelle promises.

Minerva smiles at her daughter and sighs taking a step back to take in the couple, "You know, Potter and I had a bet."

"You and Jay had a bet?"

She nods, "He bet you two would admit you were in love with each other when you left school, I bet you would during school, he owes me ten galleons."

With that, the old witch walks off with a smirk on her face.

Sirius wraps an arm around Annabelle and she lays her head on his shoulder as they walk through the halls for the last time, "I never thought I'd be leaving this place soon."

They've reached the common room by now, their bags are already packed in the new home the couple have bought. They're going to apparate there from Hogsmede later today.

Remus has gotten his own place, wanting to give the couples space but the house isn't too far from their own, no matter how much the four tried to convince him to stay with one of them so he wasn't alone he didn't listen.

"I can't believe I met you seven years ago."

"I can't believe it took me seven years to actually admit to myself I'm totally and utterly in love with you."

A bunch of first and second years walking past fake gag but hurry away when the couple shoot them a glare.

"Are you ready for the next chapter of our lives, Mr. Black?"

"Always, if you're there, Miss. McGonagall."