Chapter 9

Today is the day of the first Hogsmede trip, they've been back from the Christmas holidays for a week now, Sirius has made arrangements to stay with the Potters from now on and Annabelle is glad for him.

"How about this?" Lily questions holding up a red sweater.

"Perfect." Annabelle says with a grin as she takes the jumper and pulls it on over her white vest.

Applying the last bits to her makeup she grabs her coat, as its still snowing, and her bag before skipping out of the common room to the awaiting John who leans against the wall outside.

"Hey," He greets with a smile, "You ready?"

"As I'll ever be."

~~~~~

Sirius sits with his supposed date watching Annabelle and her date from the other side of the pub, the Hufflepuff in front of him continues to talk on about her favourite lesson, Divination as he nods every few seconds.

"Sirius?"

"Really?"

"Sirius, are you-?"

"That's interesting."

"Sirius!"

She snaps her fingers in his face gaining his attention, "Sorry, what?"

"Are you even listening to me?"

"Yeah, sorry, continue, I just got a little distracted."

Sighing she grabs his wrist and pulls him all the way to the castle and to her dorm. But the only thing he can think of is Annabelle and her date, John.

~~~~~

"How was the date?"

Annabelle smiles dreamily as she sits in her usual spot beside Remus, he reads the newspaper in his hand and raises a brow at her airy sigh, "Amazing. He's so cute and smart and nice."

"Gag." James says.

She rolls her eyes as her other two friends giggle to each other, "Oh, hi Lilly."

James instantly sits up straight pretending to act cool and she snorts loudly, "Hey, you tricked me!"

However moments later the red head does enter the Great Hall, not even sparing a glance to the brunette who has been stuck in her head for the last few weeks, Lily grabs her best friend and drags her away from the boys.

"Stupid John, he's not even that cute."

"Is old Padfoot jealous?"

He pushes James away and piles bacon and eggs onto his plate as he glares at the Ravenclaw who is watching Annabelle with a smirk and talking to his friends.