Chapter 6

"There's been another attack." Remus says quietly as they sit in the Great Hall, today is the last day before they leave later today on the Hogwarts Express for the Christmas Holidays.

Annabelle sighs and grabs the Daily Prophet from his hand reading over the article.

'Death Eaters attack Muggle family in London. The victims were 48-year-old Margret Knightley, 46-year-old Roger Knightley, 7-year-old-'

She turns away from the newspaper and shakes her head in disgust, "Horrible things, who would do such a thing?"

"Vile people." James says as he finally looks away from Lily, currently Sirius and Annabelle's plan, 'Operation Jilly' is in the works. And Lily is slowly coming around the Marauder.

"Are you guys coming to visit? Mum's saying here so it's just me and Alex in the house."

The trio mumble out their agreements to the girl as she turns away to chat to Lily about 'girl stuff' as Sirius and James calls it.

"That John is staring at her again."

"He's going to ask her on date when they come back, he's already told a bunch of people."

Sirius scoffs and angrily stabs his fork into his bacon.

Lily sighs at her best friend, "Will you top trying to get me and Potter together?"

"Nope," She answers popping the 'p'. "You're perfect for each other, and I'm a matchmaker, it's my job."

"For a matchmaker you can't see the only perfect match in the school."

"You mean you and Potter?"

Lily sighs and lets her head fall into her hands, "I tried." She mumbles.

~~~~~

Annabelle says her goodbyes to Lily as she enters the compartment with the other Marauders, minus Sirius, who is saying goodbye to his newest 'girlfriend'.

James leans out of the compartment door watching Lily as she walks away with the same girlish grin. Rolling her eyes, Annabelle shoves her hand into his face making him fall backwards.

Sirius appears in the doorway behind her clearing his throat to get passes awkwardly. He quickly fixes his tie and messed up hair-even more messed up than usual- while re-buttoning his shirt.

"Come on, its Christmas time." Annabelle cheers as she grabs the four boxes from her bag and hands them out to the group.

For James she has gotten a new pair of leather Quidditch gloves and a moving snitch from the 1808 Quidditch World cup singed by the players, James is obsessed with the match. For Peter she had gotten a giant bag of sweets and chocolates, all different ones, muggle ones introduced to her by her father and ones from Honeyduke's.

She has gotten Remus a new collection of muggle reading books and a large box of chocolates. She grins when she watches Sirius open his small box, he lifts a small moving key chain of the pair. They sit next to each other whispering and giggling as they devise a new plan.

He raises a brow and looks over at her, "A key ring?"

"That's not it." She says in a sing song voice.

"What?"

"You'll see."

Everyone else exchanges gifts. From Remus she has also gotten a collection of books along with a box of fudge. Peter had given her a bunch of pranking supplies from Zonko's, James got her new knee guards for Quidditch along with a moving poster of her favourite Quidditch player.

Sirius goes to hand her his present but takes it back with a smirk, "I'll give it to you, when 'I see'."

She rolls her eyes but grins excitedly.

~~~~~

The others have long gone, now it's just Sirius and Annabelle. Her hands are covering his eyes as she leads them out into the car park. "Ready?"

"Just show me." He complains.

Uncovering his eyes she shows him a brand new muggle motorbike, he gasps and looks between her and the bike wide eyes.

While out on one of their adventures last year he had said how he wanted one, Annabelle had made it her mission to get him one.

"Belle, i-it's... it's amazing."

He turns to her and picks her up swinging her around in a circle before placing her back down. He reaches into his back pocket and takes out the small box handing it over to her.

She bring it out to reveal a small black paw print necklace, she smiles brightly and looks up at him, "Its beautiful."

He takes it from her and turns her around to place it on her, moving her hair to the side he clasps it on safely, "Thank you." She leans up and kisses him on the cheek.

"Anna!" She looks over to see her brother waving at her, casting one last glance at Sirius she grabs her case and waves goodbye.