Chapter 23

James smiles softly at Sirius who sings the Pina Colada song to his daughter in the new nursery, "I thought you didn't like kids?"

Sirius shrugs as he coos at the small baby wrapped up in her grey blanket, "Changed my mind."

The pair laugh as James moves to sit beside him and softly strokes Alex's head, the baby yawns and a smile spreads across her face.

"You know, I tried to name her Alexandra James Lupin Black." He admits looking up at his best friend before turning back to his daughter.

"Why didn't you?" James questions.

He sighs and rocks back in the chair, "Belle jinxed me before I could sign the papers."

James chuckles and nods when Sirius offers his God daughter to him. "Hi, Alex. It's Uncle Jay, or Uncle Prongs, which ever you prefer."

The baby slowly opens her eyes to look up at him and he smiles down at her.

She's only a few months old but you can clearly see she is going to have her father's dark hair, but her eyes aren't like either of them. Her eyes are a light grey with icy blue flecks, a mix of both.

"I can't wait for her and Harry to grow up together."

Hearing a cry from the nursery next door James goes to hand Alex back over but Sirius is already on his way to the one month year old.

"Hey, Harry, it's okay, shh, shh, shh."

Sirius appears back in the room with Harry in his arms, "What house do you think they'll be in?"

"Alex will definitely be a Gryffindor," James says with a confident nod, "She has the Sirius Black sprit. Trying to walk before she can crawl, she has the same rebellious glint in her eyes as you do."

"I think Harry will be a Gryffindor too, he's very brave to keep waking Lily in the middle of the night."

The pair take back their seats, Harry has fallen back asleep on Sirius' shoulder and Alex yawns as James lightly rocks her back and forth.

"Whoever thought we'd be the ones to have one of these, huh, Prongs?"

James chuckles and nods his head in agreement, "I'm pretty sure we still are one of these."

"I don't regret it." Sirius says looking at his daughter who is struggling to stay awake on her god father.

James makes a noise of agreement as quietly as he can trying not to wake either of the babies.

~~~~~

Lily and Annabelle sigh as they walk into the eerily quite house, sharing a look they shrug and pull of their shoes.

The pair have been out most of the day, Lily visited Alex at the hospital with Annabelle leaving the two fathers alone, they will admit they were a little nervous to leave the troublemakers but in the end they trusted their husbands.

"It's a little too quiet, don't you think?"

Annabelle nods in agreement and places her bag down on the counter as Lily ventures further into the house.

Reappearing a few seconds later with a soft smile she gestures for Annabelle to follow. "What is it?"

"Just look."

The pair giggle quietly, there the two Marauders lay, in separate arm chairs, Sirius' arms wrapped around Harry supporting him as she snores softly. James lays back his glasses barley on his nose as his arms support the sleeping Alex.

"I guess we can trust to leave them alone."

"I guess we can."