Chapter 7

It's a few days after Christmas, Minerva was able to Floo in to visit her children for Christmas before she had to return to the school.

Alex, Annabelle and Chris sit in the living room conversing over a muggle topic since the siblings are half-bloods and Chris is a muggleborn. After their father died they decided to keep some of his muggle traditions.

Like movie theatres and bowling alleys, where they weren't allowed to use magic.

"I quite liked that movie."

"Really? Robin Hood, a cartoon?"

"Yeah, it's a good movie." She defends herself.

A knock on the door interrupts them, casting a look at the couple beside her who are wrapped up she sighs and gets to her feet, "I'll get it then."

When she opens the door she doesn't expect the sudden person to come crashing through the door, with a yelp she holds out her hands to steady Sirius who stumbles, "Paddy? Paddy, hey, what's wrong?"

He lifts his head to looks at her and she lowers herself so they're sat on the floor. She takes in the view, he's bruised and beaten, his eye is black and lip busted, "I-I couldn't take it anymore, I couldn't."

He sobs and grabs onto her, she kicks the door closed behind her and wraps her arms around him as his body begins to shake with muffled sobs, "I-I can't take it-it anymore, I ca...can't!"

"Shh, shh, hey, it's okay, I got you."

He hugs her tighter not daring to let her go as the pair sit on the floor. She runs a hand through his long, dark hair whispering how he's going to be okay as he allows the tears to fall shamelessly.

"Anna, is everything-?"

Alex stops as he sees Sirius on the floor with his younger sister, "Oh my- What happened?"

She looks up and shakes her head slowly, "Come on, Paddy, let's get you cleaned up, oaky?"

He nods allowing her to drag him up the stars of the small house and into her bedroom.

She gently sits him on the bed and he sniffles wiping his hands on his jeans as he looks around her room, it changes every time he's here. She likes to re-organise herself, whether it be just rearranging the way her room is or changing the way two photos are on the wall.

Annabelle returns with a cloth and a bowl along with some healing cream, "What happened?"

"I'm not going back. I-I'm not. I'm not going back, I-"

"Okay," She cuts him off, "Okay, you're not going back, you can stay here, okay? Now, please, tell me what's going on."

He takes a moment to calm his breathing as he watches her clean his cuts, his hands tremble in his lap and his eyes tear up every so often, "Paddy." She whispers quietly.

He looks down avoiding her eyes, she knows what's happened, she can piece it together, it doesn't take a genius. "How long?"

He ignores her as he continues to ring his hands together. Annabelle sighs and places the rag and bowl onto the bed beside her, "Paddy, how long?" She repeats placing her hand on top of his and cupping his cheek to look at her.

"For a while." He admits quietly.

She sighs and grabs her wand from her table, "Epsikey." She mutters quietly allowing his small cuts to heal themselves. "You can stay here until we go back to school."

"No, I-I..."

She shakes her head and quickly walks across the hallway to her brothers room where she grabs some clothing that will fit him for the night until they can go shopping the next day.

She hands over the sweat pants and plain white t-shirt then leaves to allow him to change.

When he's finished she walks back into the room to find him sitting back in the same spot, "Do you want something to drink? Me, Alex and Chris were having a movie night, you can come join if you want?"

He nods, not trusting himself to say anything, "Anna, can you come help me with dinner?"

Anna groans and send a pleading look to Chris when she gets to the bottom of the stairs, "Please tell me you didn't let him cook."

Chris shrugs, "He really wanted to."

With another over the top and dramatic groan she walks into the kitchen, Sirius walks over to the red arm chair he claims whenever he is visiting and settles down chatting to Chris.

"Is Sirius okay?"

She sighs and gives a reluctant nod, "He's better than when he first arrived, is it okay if he stays? Just for a few days until we get back to Hogwarts, and then I'll talk to Mum."

Alex nods, "He'll have to stay on the settee, we have no more room."

"I'll transfigure some old books into a bed for him," Alex gives her a pointed look, "Mum won't mind, she said I can practise my transfiguration, and there are no muggles around, see?" She gestures her hand around the kitchen.

He sighs eventually giving in to his little sister.

~~~~~

"Belle, are you sure this is okay, if not I-I can go to Pro-"

"Paddy," She interrupts, "Its fine, besides I've already planned out our entire holidays."

"Within three hours?"

She nods as she climbs into her own bed at the opposite end of the room, "Yup, we have a lot of matchmaking to do during the holidays, Alice loved the present we made Frank get for her."

"Goodnight, Belle."

"Goodnight, Paddy."