Chapter 24

Annabelle paces back and forth the room, her daughter is tucked away upstairs asleep in the cot with the four month old Harry just a few feet across the room.

"Anna, they'll be fine."

She shakes her head furiously wiping away the tears, "H-He promised he'd be back by one."

"I know."

"It's five."

"I know, Anna, please, sit down." Lily begs, she sighs and sits beside the red head on the sofa tapping her foot impatiently.

The front door bangs open and the women give surprised yelps as they both rush forward, James holds up a barely conscious Sirius, blood pours from the open wound on his chest and he offers the pair a lazy grin.

"What happened?"

James rushes out a quick explanation of getting cornered and the information of the mission being leaked allowing more Death Eaters to appear as he lays Sirius on the sofa. Lily rushes to get the first aid kit and some potion ingredients to create a healing draught.

James hurriedly rummages through the kitchen cabinets listening to the orders that his wife is barking while Annabelle kneels beside Sirius holding his hand.

He groans and tightly closes his eyes, "Shh, shh," She coos pushing the long hair form his face, "You'll be okay, alright? Alex is just upstairs waiting for her daddy to come home, so just hang on."

He manages a pained nod and he winces as he throws his head back from the agony.

Her eyes widen at the sight of blood on his white shirt, ripping it apart she finds a large cut on his abdomen as well as his chest, "I-I know... I'm i-irresistible, but...b-but can't it wait?" He smirks at her.

She shakes her head and rolls her eyes playfully as she holds a hand over each wound trying to control the blood, "J-Jay! Hurry... up, please...h-he's losing blood, a-a lot of i-it."

James runs in with a new wand, he had lost his on the way over here, he points the new wand at Sirius' chest, muttering counter curses and healing charms under his breath gently. Lily rushes into the room, a vial of potion in her hands, she gently drops it onto the wounds watching as they slowly heal themselves.

Sirius had fallen unconscious by now, but the wounds were healed and the blood has stopped.

James falls back into the arm chair across form Sirius as Annabelle continues to gently stroke her husband's hair, "I'll go check on Harry and Alex." Lily says quietly as she walks up the stairs.

"He thought he was going to die," James says quietly from behind her, "He told me to tell you that he'll always love you," He pauses for a second a smile taking over his face, "And to tell Alex he was right about her being girl."

She shakes her head and smiles, grabbing her wand she mutters, "Accio cloth." Allowing the rag to fly into her hand.

She uses it to clean the blood off of Sirius' body as he finally regains consciousness and looks down at her he offers a smile.

"You're so reckless, what would have happened if you got killed? Hmm?" She questions while crying.

He tries to sit up but she harshly pushes him back down, "What would have happened? Alex would be fatherless. I-I would have no husband, do you ever think?"

She's sobbing hysterically now, her hand clutching his open shirt as the tears pour down her face, "I-I'm sorry, Belle. I just want to keep you and Jellybean safe."

She sniffles and smiles down at him, "You can keep us safe, just...just don't kill yourself trying to do it."