Chapter 5

"Guess what?"

"What?"

Annabelle throws herself over the sofa landing beside Sirius who is watching a fifth year Gryffindor and her friends giggle and point at him, "Alex has invited us to Hogsmede today, wait for it..."

He turns giving her is attention causing the fifth years to huff and casts a glares in her direction, "With his new boyfriend Chris."

They squeal excitedly and high five, "Another match under our belt, Mr. Black."

"Another one indeed, Ms. McGonagall."

The pair link arms and walk towards the dormitories, casting the spell they know allows boys into the dormitories they walk into the room. Marlene sits on her bed reading a book un-phased by Sirius as he is always in here with Annabelle.

However, Alice and her friend, Mary, send the boy a stern glare. To which he ignores as he begins to rummage through Annabelle's clothes.

"Uh, Paddy?"

"Yeah?"

"What are you doing?"

"We're about to see our first perfect match of the year, we need to look presentable."

Rolling her eyes she accepts the clothes he thrusts into her hands and with a sigh she turns to the bathroom.

"Black," He looks across to Mary and raises a brow, "Alice would appreciate it if you stopped attempting to set her and Frank up."

Sirius just grins and shrugs, readjusting his leather jacket, "No can do, when we see a perfect match, we make it happen. Just give him a chance, hey? He's a good guy, and has a big crush on you."

Alice rolls her eyes and turns away to hide her blush from him. The door opens and Annabelle walks out in her red skirt, tights and yellow jacket protecting her from the cold, "Is this good enough for you?"

"Excellent. We shall be off now, tuh ta." She giggles as he pulls her towards the common room door.

~~~~~

"Butterbeer?"

"Four, please."

"Paddy, I can get my own."

He shakes his head and hands her two of the cups as they walk over to the table where Alex and Chris sit, "Why, fancy seeing you here."

Alex brings his little sister into a hug and turns to Chris, "Chris you know my sister, Annabelle, this is her partner in crime, Sirius, I'm sure you remember him."

"It's nice to see you again" Chris says shyly.

Annabelle grins at the pair and nudges Sirius under the table, "So, how'd you guys get together?"

"Oh, it's a long story."

"We have time." Sirius quickly says.

~~~~~

"Did you see the way they looked at each other? I think that was the best match yet."

Sirius nods in agreement as the pair walk into Zonko's trying to get away from the cold December air. "Definitely." He mutters as he follows her down the isle of nose biting tea cups.

He wraps his arms further around himself, shivering from the cold even though they're inside the house, "Are you visiting for Christmas?"

"I-I...uh," He pauses and looks down at his feet, "My mother wants me home."

She sends him a concerned glance but nods anyway and grabs a few items before paying for them. "Owl me?"

"Sure." He offers his usual smirk as his eyes follow a Ravenclaw sixth year outside the shop.

"That's Rebecca, you were with her for a week last month." Annabelle informs him as she realises his attention is no longer on her, he opens his mouth but she interrupts him, "Why did you break up?" He nods, "Because you 'wasn't ready for anything Sirius and she was too smart for a guy like you'." She mocks.

He grins at his own joke and turns his gaze to a Slytherin who walks past winking at him as she does. Rolling her eyes, Annabelle grips his arm and drag shim to the Quidditch shop not too far away from Zonko's.