Chapter 11

The male Marauders barley see Sirius or Annabelle. If one is with them, the other is not. As soon as that spec of blonde hair appears, Sirius is gone in a flash, and vice versa.

It's currently dinner time, Annabelle sits between Lily and Remus as she watches Sirius part ways with a Ravenclaw sixth year.

So far, Lily and James have been getting a lot closer, with little nudges from the matchmakers, even though they refuse to talk to each other.

"You excited for the game against Ravenclaw tomorrow?"

The house matches started a few months ago, tomorrow is Ravenclaw versus Gryffindor, and the Keeper is a little nervous to face her boyfriend.

She nods and takes a sip from her goblet, as Sirius approaches the table he notices there's only one open spot, in front of Annabelle.

Before he can turn away James greets him with a grin, "Hey, Padfoot!"

He slides into the spot silently, and meets Annabelle's eyes for a moment before both of them turn away.

~~~~~

The game has been going on for a few hours now, only two goals have gotten past Annabelle, but the Gryffindor chasers have managed to get a good few goals, scarp that, a lot of goals.

She looks up at John who sits with his Beater bat a few meters away from her, she smirks at him and raises a brow tauntingly. He chuckles and playfully rolls his eyes at her.

Casting her gaze around the crowd she spots Sirius grinning, her heart skips a beat, she hasn't talked to him in weeks, it's almost the end of the school year now, only a month and a half left before they leave for the summer. She really doesn't want to leave on bad terms but she's too stubborn to talk to him first.

"McGonagall!"

She hears it before she sees it, snapping her attention back to the game a Bludger heads right for her. Giving her no time to react she's hit right off of her broom and into the goal post behind her tumbling through the air and landing harsh on the ground.

"James Potter has caught the snitch!"

James' eyes widen when he sees his friends, some students like Lily, Remus and surprisingly Sirius, are already running towards her limp figure.

James carefully picks her up from the floor, "Quickly, get her to the Hospital Wing."

He jogs lightly making sure not to harm her any further as he runs towards the Hospital Wing.

Madam Pomfrey hurriedly pushes him towards an empty bed where he lays the girl down on the bed.

"Is she going to be okay?"

"Can you help her?"

"What's wrong?"

Madam Pomfrey pushes them out of the Hospital, "You can come back in an hour, Mr. Potter you may want to shower, you smell." She says bluntly.

The four sigh and slouch onto a bench, Peter hurries towards them, his sweets still in his arms, "Is she okay?"

They all shrug. Sirius sits with his hands in his pockets, Remus bites at his nails, James taps his foot repeatedly and Lily fidgets with her hands as she kicks her feet back and forth.

"It was John."

They all look over at Sirius who has barley spoken since she got hit, "I saw him, he hit it towards her."

"That's ridiculous."

"I saw him, okay?"

"Sirius, you're just blinded by your hate."

"I saw it!"

Just then, John runs up to them still in his Quidditch gear, "Were is she? Is she okay?"

"Yeah, no thanks to you." Sirius spits as he gets to his feet.

"What?"

"You heard me, I saw you, you sent that Bludger her way. She's supposed to be your girlfriend!"

"What do you care? You haven't spoken in weeks!"

"Because of you, you stupid git!"

"Maybe its because you are obsessed with her!"

Sirius clenches his fists by his side, "Admit it, you did it to her."

"And what if I did?"

The cocky smirk on his face makes Sirius lunge at him, James cheers him on as Lily runs to find a teacher and Remus attempts to pull him away.

John barley gets a punch before he's getting pulled back by a few of the Gryffindor teammates that had come to check on their Captain. "You stupid git!"

"Oh, bite me, Black!"

"Let me go, Moony! I can take him!"

"Go on, Padfoot! Punch him!"

"Sirius, calm down!"

"Professor, hurry, quickly, please."

"Mr. Black! Mr. Browning! What is the meaning of this?"

They all turn to see Professor McGonagall and Slughorn watching them.

"He hurt Belle-"

"He started it-"

"I was just giving him what he deserved-"

"He punched me and ruined my face-"

"Enough!" The stern voice of McGonagall cuts in, "Points will be taken from the both of you, you will both have detention, now clear away, all of you."

~~~~~

Sirius sighs as he whispers, "Mischief managed."

Tucking the map into his pocket he creeps over to the bed that Annabelle lays on and places the tulips he had gotten her down on the table beside her.

"I'm so sorry, Belle." He whispers pushing the hair form her face, "Please forgive me."

He places a small kiss on her forehead before getting the map back out and walking back towards the common room.