Chapter 21

"I was tired of my lady
We'd been together too long
Like a worn out recording
Of a favourite song
So while she lay there sleeping
I read the paper in bed
And in the personal columns
There was this letter I read."

"If you like piña coladas
And getting caught in the rain
If you're not into yoga
If you have half a brain
If you like making love at midnight
In the dunes on the cape
Then I'm the love that you've looked for
Write to me, and escape"

I didn't think about my lady
I know that sounds kind of mean
But me and my old lady
Had fallen into the same old dull routine
So I wrote to the paper
Took out a personal ad
And though I'm nobody's poet
I thought it wasn't half bad

"Yes, I like piña coladas
And getting caught in the rain
I'm not much into health food-"

"What are you doing?" Annabelle grins.

Sirius lays beside her his head resting beside her growing stomach and his hand rubbing circles into her skin, he looks up to meet her eyes and smiles brightly. "I'm singing to our child." He says in a 'duh' tone.

"Okay," She drags out, "Can you maybe not sing a song to him about leaving me for a woman in the newspaper."

"I'd never dream of it. Besides, she, will grow to love that song over time, and Pina Coladas."

"I'm sure he will."

Sirius grins and moves himself to sit up and gently plays with her hair, "Have you thought of nay names yet? Lily and James have already though of theirs, and they're only three months along, we're six!"

Sirius looks up in thought for a moment, "How about-"

"If you say Padfoot or anything dog related I will make you sleep on the sofa tonight."

His shoulders sag, all his idea now gone, he had some pretty good ones, like Padmé, from a movie she made him watch, Paddy for short. Or Jaqueline, like Jack Russel.

"How about Taylor, works for a boy or a girl."

Sirius snorts, "How about no."

"Fine then, you come up with a name."

He takes a moment to think, racking the deepest parts of his brain, opening his mouth to speak she cuts him off, "We're not naming our child after James."

He instantly closes his mouth. The pair sit in silence for a while, until Sirius sits up with a bright grin, "I have it! The perfect name, works for a boy or a girl."

She sits up and raises a brow, the name that leaves his mouth doesn't just make a proud grin appear on his face, but a soft, sad smile on Annabelle's lips...

"Alex."