Chapter 1

The Quidditch Captain walks up the space between the compartments lugging her bag behind her, "Jay." She mumbles sleepily pushing him to the side when she reaches their usual compartment.

He offers a matching sleepy grin and collapsed into the seat opposite where she lowers herself to sit beside Sirius.

The two Gryffindor's had been staying at the Leaky Cauldron with Sirius the night before, but whereas Sirius fell asleep at a respectable time in the boys room, she and James stayed up devising a new Quidditch plan for the year.

She lays her head on Sirius' shoulder and he places and arm over her shoulder, "How's it going, Paddy?" She asks quietly with a yawn.

"What time did you guys go to sleep?"

"Like, five?" James mumbles as he moves his feet for Remus to sit down.

Remus shakes his head at his friends as he takes his seat. "How did the plan go?" Sirius asks.

Forgetting her lack of sleep, Annabelle shoots up with a large smile, "Okay, I sent the letter to him."

"And?"

"He hasn't answered yet."

"Letter? Letter to who?" James questions.

The pair share a glance before turning back to their friend, "Keep this quiet," He nods eagerly, "We've sent a letter to Chris Johnson."

"Why?" Remus asks getting involved in the conversation.

"Because we're setting him and Alex up."

"You're setting Chris , the very shy and quite Hufflepuff up with your brother, Alex McGonagall, the very loud and outgoing Gryffindor?"

The pair nod, "This isn't going to work."

"Hey, we got Dromeda and Tonks together, and they were almost a decade older than us."

It's true, that's how the matchmakers came to be. One holiday, Sirius discovered his cousin's crush on the muggleborn Hufflepuff, and of course, he owled Annabelle, the pair formed a plan, they met up one day and had been able to somehow get Andromeda and Ted to bump into each other, creating the 'true love' that they now held.

"Who are your next victims?" James mutters to himself.

Sirius and Annabelle cast side along glances to each other with matching grins, "Oh no, they do, they have their next victims."

"That, Jay, is for us to know, and you to not realise until they've fallen in love, having babies and growing old together."