Kazimierz Showdown part 1

(A/N: So, this chapter might be a little short. Like, about 2000-ish words short from the normal 3000 to 4000 words per chapter. This is due to real life keeping me busy, so expect the next update to be around one or two weeks from now. This Chapter has 2460 words.)

---

Somewhere in Kazimierz//1000 Hours.

"we're close... I think." I spoke as the jeep took a rough fall, "Was that another pothole?" I looked back.

"...You should focus on the map... And get that gun away from me." Fred, who was in the driver's seat said irritatingly.

I was in fact pointing a gun at him whilst also leading us towards Dewville with a map. I know. Very advanced.

"Come on, don't be like that. I can't trust you yet with this sort of thing, y'know?" I chuckled, "you still have that KRISS Vector, right? You'd probably need it 'cause we're going against a number of bounty hunters."

This caused him to eye roll at that statement, "Was it really wise to leave the hospital and go straight to Kazimierz because you heard a rumour about some treasure?"

"Treasures wait for no man! At least, that's what my dad would've said if he were present in my life,"

"..."

"Hey look! The road's getting better!" I point at the road.

Sure enough, the previously muddy road riddled with wet potholes and uneven terrain gave away to a flatter, and paved roads.

"Thank God for that." I sighed as I laid back in the seat.

To be honest, I am still feeling quite weak at the moment. Really, going straight out of the hospital when your stomach got wrecked by an arrow might not be the smartest choice at all.

But hey, live and let live, is what they say. Or, it is what it is. Life is short, might as well enjoy it and make bold and daring decisions which I might regret later on.

I rented this jeep back in Columbia immediately after getting out of the hospital. Might've been a slight oversight, but I forgot to pack essential survival equipment aside from my standard clothes. I'm sure Fred also forgot this.

I did however wore gloves as to not get my hands dirty, as well as my hat that has a big hole in it.

My stomach is still bandaged and it does still pain me a bit, but nothing major. I hope.

"Oi, look ahead. " Fred spoke as he points his finger ahead.

Ahead of us was a group of people dressed in shady clothing. Ah, I get it. Bounty hunters. Of course! They're here for the treasure too!

Better to get rid of them then.

"Fred, as a man of God, I compel you to ram them." I state simply witha tad of sarcasm.

"What?" He looks unsure. Hey, the car's still moving you know?

"Just do what I say and press on the gas!"

At this, Fred pressed on the gas and accelerated the jeep towards the group of bounty hunters.

The bounty hunters, hearing the sound of an engine roaring closer and closer from behind them, looked behind curiously only to be shocked and rammed by a 2 ton jeep wrangler.

Fred also drifted for maximum impact and launched multiple of them into the air.

That's not enough though. I guess they aren't called bounty hunters for nothing.

"You bastard!" One of the bounty hunters shouted and readied his weapon, he was then promptly silenced by a .44 Magnum.

Yes, despite my weakened state, I can still shoot people through the front passenger seat. All the while Fred was drifting the jeep in circles and confusing the bounty hunters.