¡Hola iberia! Part 3

Here lies, Marcus Lucien. Memento Mori.

The grave was designed bearing similarities to Lateran design as opposed to Iberian, a reminder of the schism. Fresh flowers are apparently replaced every morning by the groundskeeper. Indeed, Father was always one to advocate for a simple lifestyle when he was alive. Everything he does has no intend on monetary gain. Perhaps it is because he knows he will have a good life in heaven?

This morning, Aro came and asked me to come with him to Father's grave, which I hadn't been able to do yesterday. Mostima decided to stay in the hotel. We were wearing all black. In my case, I wore an all-black suit and coat. Aro wore a Priest's black garb.

I placed a bouquet of red roses on the grave and uttered a silent prayer, the fragrance of the roses wafted through my nose. Wishing him well in the afterlife, and that I am sorry for what I have become. Will I repent? Not yet. Not in 40 decades at least. I still have my youth in me, and I'll just live my life how I want it to be.

After a while, I turned and left the grave. Meeting with Aro who was waiting for me patiently.

"Are you done?" He simply asks.

I nodded, "I am."

"So, where are you going after this? To the capital? Or are you going back to Lungmen?"

"To the capital, then I'll go to the coastline for some odd job I have." I still have a use for that rotary heavy machine gun I stole from Laterano's Apostolic Knights.

He raised an eyebrow, "The coast? Are you some sort of Sea Terror hunter, now?" he grins.

I chuckled, "We both know full well that I cannot fight very well."

"Ah, that reminds me," he mumbled, "Remember the guy who used to bully you?"

I winced, "Oh. What was his name again?"

"Anton Hugo" He remarked.

"Anton, right. These people pick on other people but have the most boring ass names." I scoffed.

"You know his father killed his mother and took his own life then?"

"Good riddance," I smirked, "Alcohol wins again."

"Well... He and Isabell got married and had a kid." He replied.

I stopped, "...... really? When?"

"2 years after you left," Aro releases a heavy sigh and adds, "In fact, Isabell was already pregnant before you and me left to plan our 'grand heist'."

"Already?" I raised my eyebrows, "How many months?"

"Four. I'm surprised you didn't notice any change considering you're closest to her. Well, in the day at least." He grinned.

"I think you should shut your mouth." I interjected as I crossed my arms.

He shook his head, "Whatever. But last I heard they got another baby. First a daughter, now a son."

"Really? Congratulations to them, I guess."

"How do you feel?"

"I feel like the voices in my head willed its insurmountable holy energy and powers to lift my fist and drive it to your pretty face." I rolled my eyes before letting out a heavy sigh, "But... I guess I don't feel anything. Promises are just promises. Mortal machinations that meant nothing in the end." Can my blackened heart feel anything anymore?