¡Hola iberia! Part 1

Author's Note: Ok, i thought i uploaded this chapter already, but apparently not. Sorry for that.

And also, there has been an ongoing event in an unspecified area of the earth, specifically on the levant. Now i'm not pointing my fingers where... but...

My childhood was... unremarkable.

I was left as a baby in front of a church in the middle of nowhere by my parents. Well, a 'middle of nowhere' might be stretch, but you get my point.

I was taken in by the Pastor, whom I come to call as my father. Well he named me, so that's that.

Along with Aro and a couple more kids in the orphanage, I was taught religion and theology in addition to literacy and basic math. I must admit that I am not the brightest tool in the shed, even Aro is somewhat smarter than me.

The so-called village in the middle of nowhere is a sedentary settlement in northern Iberia. It has a population of less than a thousand and primarily produces agricultural products for them to sell.

Actually, there is a bigger settlement about a thirty-minute walk. It's beside a river, and I guess I used to go there back and forth? There is no danger, really, at least not dangerous enough for me to not go alone. Heck, I used to sneak out at night to go and play.

There is no dangerous wildlife, since they where hunted down.

I'm not by any means 'strong' in the sense that I am physically fit. Even when I was a kid, I was quite frail. I often can't keep up with the other kids when playing in the wilderness...

Yes, that means I get picked on quite a lot but... It's all in the past.

There's this one kid who always likes to mess with me. He definitely has a bigger body than the rest, so I guess that's why he's the de facto leader of us kids. Wonder what he does now? Strength can only take you so far in life...

Well, I can probably fold them right now, correct a few mistakes in the past with a few 9mm. But alas, I have no enemies.

"Sir? Sir?" a gruff voice snapped me back to reality, "Here's your laundry. That'll be Three thousand LMD."

"Three thousand? What did money suddenly become useless?"

"Sir, you requested to be and I quote 'extra careful, and treat it as if it were spun from gold threads.' End quote" The man sighs.

"Ah well even if it isn't made from gold per se it is still an expensive piece." I snorted as I handed him the money.

Yes, it was a suit piece. I was planning on wearing this when I go to Ursus to sell weapons. First impressions are the key to success, I've read from somewhere. Plus, I have contact with that Ursine general from when I sold the gems. Knowing more people in positions of power is very lucrative you see.

As I left the laundry, the busy nightlife of Lungmen engulfed me. It was around 10 PM, yet this city is still bustling as ever. I didn't bring any weapon with me, as I am very sure no problem will arise. I didn't bring my car with me either since I would find a way to get stuck in traffic somehow.

I should get back to my office and go to sleep. Tomorrow I'll be going 'home', you could say. Oh, but it's quite the walk... should I hail a taxi? No, I'll get caught in traffic anyways.

I shook my head, and instead enjoyed the metropolitan scenery, until someone came up to beside me and brushed my arm.

"Yo." Greeted a familiar voice.