New year, New Place, New me

Author's note: A short chapter to conclude the previous arc, which is like 900-ish words (sorry for that) I'm setting up for the next arc. After this, I'll be updating the chapters for ISEF. And as always read the notes below.

----------------------

I am in a car in a random convenience store parking place. Alone. At 2 AM, and eating chips and soda.

I seem to have hit a new low it seems. Well, no worries, I'll be back up in no time!

I brought my car with me. The 'red beauty' I came to call her. Thankfully, Fantasma and his mafiosos didn't scratch her, else I'd be furious and raise the price on him.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK!

"HEY YOU!"

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK!

I looked to my right and saw a smirking burly Sarkaz and his friends. I recognized them as a gang, how could I not? My line of job literally interacts with them almost every day.

But this one doesn't seem to want to ask for my services.

Sigh, what now? I just had a stressful day, and I'm tired.

I slide down the openned window and greeted him with a lackluster, "Yo."

The Sarkaz leans on my window as he scans the interior of the car, "Pheeeww~. That's a nice car you have."

"Thank you. Now, can you all please go away? I want some alone time right now." I managed a fake smile.

"See... here's the thing... We want your car." He looks at me straight in the face with a threatening voice. His red eyes piercing my very soul.

Is what I would say if his threats have any effects on me.

"Haha. You sure know how to joke." I managed a chuckle, which somehow offended him as he laughs along.

"Well, you don't get a second choice here..." He nods to his friends as they approach the car.

"Well, I'll tell you who doesn't have a second chance here. Guess?" I kept my smile.

"Hah. Me? As if-"

BANG!

I planted a .44 magnum in his head. Which startled his friends after they saw their leader fall dead.

"Anyone else wanna to borrow my car?" I looked around the gangsters, "That's what I thought."

I began to close the window.

Hang on.

I opened the window again and asked one of the gangsters, "Hey. Clean this up would ya? We all don't want to get in trouble now, do we?"

The gangsters looked at each other before slowly nodding their heads.

"Good. I'll be off then." I closed the window and started my car, before driving into the almost empty free ways of Lungmen.

Lighting a cigarette as I drove, I began to ponder on my next move.

Lungmen is a prosperous mobile city which is technically under the jurisdiction of the Yan empire. But they have autonomy, I had to guess, since Governor Wei Yenwu can make drastic changes without the approval of the approval of the Imperial government.

Lungmen is also the melting pot of the world. All races from every corner of Terra resides here, making it one of the most diverse place in the world. And about the infected... Well there's vague laws so there's that.

I don't believe in Lungmen's claim of equality and liberty since there are no such things as true 'equality', and true 'liberty'. The Governor has an Iron grip on this city.

But what is true, however, is the massive tax breaks for massive corporations. Granted it's unlike Columbia, but hey, these are the lowest tax rates in the east.

Hmm... Yes...

I have an idea. It would cost a lot, but it would be worth it once I get things going.

Disposing my cigarette through the window, I picked up my phone and dialled a Columbian number.

Oh, and before I called that number, I stopped by bakery to buy a one slice cake.

Today is a special day.

Today marks my 26th birthday. Crazy how time has passed. It was just three years ago when I decided to leave... who was it? Right, Aro. And walk the path I walk today.

Once I was back in my car, I grabbed a single candle from the plastic bag from the convenience store. And lit it up.

Happy birthday to me. Deus me benedictat.

-----------------------------

"Still no responses, dear?" my mother asked behind me as she carries a basket full of clothes.

"No... ugh... mom, why doesn't anyone want to hire me?" I rubbed my forehead in frustration.

"Just take it easy, dear. I'm sure some company will hire you. Maybe lower your standards?" she gently suggests.

"Ughh... working for small companies? I graduated top of my class in university, I expected to get hired immediately by big companies!" I said dejectedly as slammed my desk and let out a frustrating sigh. I continued to scroll down the job listing website, "Look! They won't even accept entry level positions!"

"Just a suggestion, though~ you should build a resume at a smaller company and reapply some other time once you got experience."

Grumbling, "Fine. I'll search for a place." I angrily scrolled to look for a job listing.

"That's my girl!" She cheered.

I scrolled down and glanced at any available positions for a smaller company. Until I saw one that interests me.

"L'IberiCo?" I thought. What a strange name for a company based in Lungmen. Do I have to read it Liberico or Iberico?

...

Huh... a Lungmen based company named in the Siracusan language which either spells out 'Liberi' as in the race or "Iberi" as in the Siracusan pronunciation for Iberia and with it's motto written in Lateran.

Oh? Searching for the position of a secretary?

What does this company even do?

...

No details given? What gives, man?

Sigh, might as well sign up.

At least in this way I can build up my portfolio and gain experience in working a white-collar job. You didn't study hard for four years only to be unemployed!

You are Sherry Zaysik! Your father is a successful man! And you MUST continue his legacy. This I swear!

-------------------

Author's note: Just a short epilogue to Valor's adventures in Victoria. He's on Lungmen now, what will he do next? Comment down below and i'll read it tomorrow (i am quite the sleeper)

The next chapter wouldn't be in his POV, just an fyi. A new chapter should come up in about 2 weeks at the minimal and 3-4 four weeks at the maximum.

Anyways, thank you for the support, especially those who commented and liked.

And I'll be seeing you in about a month's time. or three weeks.