Whatcha Gonna Do When They Come For You? Part 1

Author's note: It is exactly 2300 hours. Sorry if this came out late, i was busy playing Honkai: Star Rail and i actually got Seele! Now we wait for Kafka.

And as usual, see the notes below!

-------------------------------

Valor's office//1300 hours.

You know, in times like this is when I realized... that I have no enemies. I am in complete peace of mind...

And also... I moved out of the hotel!

Well, I just moved to the highest floor of my armoury and installed a bedroom, an office, and a small kitchen and called it a day.

Laying back in my chair, legs on the table, vodka on one hand and cigarette on the other. With the window behind me opened to let in fresh air and the view of the rundown neighbourhood of Victoria. I can hear a gang war happening.

The tv that was hanging in the corner from the ceiling switched to a Central News Network (CNN) broadcast about... yesterday's explosion.

"... An explosion rocked the Victorian Broadcasting Company headquarters at 7 PM yesterday, prompting a police investigation. Sources suggest that it may have been a Reunion attempt to instil fear and create chaos among the populace.

In a separate development, reports have surfaced of a nobleman..."

I shut off the tv.

Yep, today is very peaceful. I am in a tranquil piece of mind. Definitely. I took a final drag of the cigarette and put it out.

Damn it. out of cigarettes... shit...

BUURP

Oh damn. I straighten up and put the vodka bottle down hard on the table.

I think I've been drinking too much... and thinking too much...

Maybe I should do something else... something to take my mind off things...

... How about walking around in the city? That sounds nice. It could calm me down a little bit.

Should I bring a gun though? Nah, I wouldn't need it today.

Today, I am not Valor, the criminal, as they say. Today, I am merely, Alter Valero, the citizen

Let's see, going around the city and taking in the sights. Yes, that could work. Maybe some shopping, eating out, and overall enjoying things the world have to offer.

That could work.

My office telephone rang, catching me off guard.

Should I pick it up? I don't wanna deal with these types of things right now... who cares?! It's not important anyways. Probably just Fantasma or some other local drug lord wanting to acquire weapons.

Ha. I'm on vacation today suckers.

---------------------

VBC Headquarters complex.

As the firefighter worked to extinguish the flames and the police secured the perimeter, one Draco was standing quietly in the burnt studio where the VBC used to broadcast their news segments. All the way in floor five.