¡Hola iberia! Part 2

Beautiful green scenery surrounds us as we drove through rural Iberia. It may be just me, but I'm honestly glad I can see this much greenery and not just gray concrete jungles of mobile cities. We really are surrounded by lush forests.

The same cannot be said as the interior of the car was littered with plastic bags, soda and beer cans, and empty food trays that we, I, bought from the convenience store. Let me see a receipt... aha, 300 LMD in a single purchase that only consists of cans of beer and soda, mineral water, and pre-packaged meals.

THUD

Woah. I hit something there. Shouldn't have been reading receipts whilst driving. I glanced at the rearview mirror and confirmed that I had ran over a squirrel, so nothing of value was lost. If anything, I'm helping nature's ecosystem.

Unfortunately, that did wake up Mostima, who was until now sound asleep leaning her head to the door. She rubbed her tired eyes and stretched her arms, letting out grunts as she does so. Then proceeded to lean on the window to see what was going on.

"Good morning to you. Before you ask, we're quite close to our destination. Probably 10 to 20 minutes left."

"Mhm. Do you have any coffee?"

"Empty since 5 minutes ago. If you simply wanna drink, we still have a bottle of mineral water.""This is half empty." She holds up the bottle of mineral water.

"you're wrong, it's half full."

Mostima sent me an unamused glare before downing and emptying the bottle. She then organized all the trash into a single plastic bag that is now designated as a trash bag. Thanks to her, the interior is much cleaner. Maybe this is why men get married. Other than starting a family, you could get a person who'll clean stuff up for you because you're a lazy son-of-a-bitch.

"Anyways, I'm curious. More so than ever." Mostima started, "How come you get access to firearms? You even had models that are specifically used and produced in Laterano."

"Well... I have my contacts. It's what they say, deeper connections meant deeper pockets. And Sankta firearms are difficult to reverse-engineer, but not entirely impossible. You know how Sanktas use their Arts to power their rifle, or handgun, or whatever firearm they have. It's actually quite easy to rig it and make it not use Arts, you only need a brain." I pointed and tapped my head for emphasis.

"You do know that you are violating Lateran laws?" She questioned, "To tamper with illegal firearms?"

"Illegal, huh. Funny you should say that, I'm actually a wanted criminal in Laterano. Any good and honest person like myself has to start somewhere. Plus, tampering, is a bit of an overstretch, I prefer, modification. Blacksteel can do it, why can't I?"

"They are a legal and licensed company producing firearms licensed and approved by Laterano. And yes, I know about your crime in Laterano. First thing when I arrived back was an angry friend of mine complaining about multiple weapons were stolen, plus an Apostolic Knights machine gun. You wouldn't know anything about that, would you?"