Meet the New Boss part 2 (R)

Author's note: So it's a long time coming... I said I would rewrite Meet the new Boss part 2, and I procrastinated for a month. Tbf I have a lot in my life, so it's absolutely justified since I also have no obligations to update the story in a fixed time cycle.

That being said, the chapter comes to around 5600 words.

-----------------------------------------

"I honestly didn't think I'd meet you here." I said as I chewed on a pizza.

"What can I say? A man knows his ways." He chuckles.

The man sitting opposite to me is Luis Carolina. And he's here, with presumably several body guards waiting outside to ambush me if I step on a landmine.

It's a show of force, huh?

"Nice to meet you, Luis. Is there anything I can help you with? As you can see, I'm a bit busy." I asked him as grabbed a soda and drank it.

"Look," He leans forwards, "The person you're serving is dead. My brother is dead." He says ominously.

"Uh-uh. And?" I calmly replied as I put up a smirk on my face.

"What do you mean 'and'?" He scowls, "Your boss is dead" he states loudly, causing the other customers to turn towards us.

"Boss? I think you might be mistaken. He's not my boss and never will be," I said as I wiped my mouth, "Probably because he's dead now." I grinned.

I may look uncaring on the outside, but I am really saddened inside.

Mostly due to the fact that I won't get a lot of money from selling overpriced firearms to him anymore. That is, unless Luis wanted to sign another contract, which, judging from his personality, is probably as unlikely as world peace.

"Look, Luis. If you have something to say to me, just say it."

Huffing, he leaned back and crossed his arms, "Fine. I want you to find my sister."

"Finding your sister? You have an entire army at your disposal. Why ask me?" I snickered.

"Look," He leans in with a stern face, "It's too obvious. Rival families will latch on our internal affairs and try to take advantage of us. You, on the other hand, are newbie in this city. No one knows you, and you don't know them. Which makes it perfect for someone like you to assassinate a person without raising suspicion."

"... And what if they assume that I'm being paid to do so?" I leaned back and crossed my arms, "People aren't stupid, you know that? Maybe in novels they do. But this is real life."

"You don't have to ask for the details. I just want you to assassinate my sister. That is all." He pauses, "For a price, of course."

A grin formed in my face, "How much is it?"

"I'm being very generous and reasonable today. I'm willing to pay you a million LMD." He states, staring me in the eyes.

"Come on, you could do better." I chuckled, "You're asking me to kill someone. And that goes against my belief."

"And I'm certain you're very devout," He sarcastically scoffs, "A million and a half."

"That's a bit low, isn't it?" I looked outside the window before facing him again, "two and a half."

He seems to think about it, before deciding that it's better to agree, "Fine. I'm expecting a quick completion."

"It's a deal then." I smiled.

"Sure. Whatever, I'll drop the money to your hotel room." He says as he looks over to the other customers, who were listening intently on our conversation it seems.